The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2004, 04:43 PM   #1
87 Shortwide

Update on my truck, and where ive been...

Basically, I havent wanted to even look on the forum much when I dont have my truck around. It was in the body shop for roughly 8 months, without being touched, and then he told me that he would need new bedsides (600 bucks more) and wouldnt give me a price break on the time I saved him by getting new ones. Basically I told him that I couldnt afford to have him finish it, and went this week to pick it up. So my drip rails got shaved, and the body work on my doors got finished, and my truck got stored for 8 months, for the tune of 1,700 bucks. I didnt want the money back, since it is out of sight and out of mind, but with new bedsides, the body is something I can pull off on my own.

SOOO now its home again, where I can start tearing back into it.

The final color scheme at the moment, will be the factory gunmetal metallic from the bodyline (top of fenders basiacally) down, and Phantom black metallic (04 GTO color) from the line up. I will be around here much more from now on Id say, now that it wont depress me to see trucks.

Sorry it was so long winded, but thats what has been up. Im sure I will post more than enough pictures to annoy you guys in the process :p

Project: 87 GMC shortwide, About to get a little boost
87 Shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #2
PRUNEDA
'87

Good to hear you got your truck back. We're always up for some pictures.
PRUNEDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:44 PM   #3
low 84

you haven't taken any new pics of that p.o.s. since you got the cage put in. post em up!

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:02 PM   #4
87 Shortwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by low 84
you haven't taken any new pics of that p.o.s. since you got the cage put in. post em up!

Actually, the cage may change a bit. I have to pull the dash pad and all that mess out to repaint my lower dash (its a bit scratched up) so I may be converting it over to a 10 pt. full cage. I am not a fan of total racecars, but if you have seen the 6pt., it is hiddin better than any truck cage ive come across. They will be able to tuck the bars so close to everything that it wont be really visible from the outside. I am also looking into the vintage air setup, so that I can smooth the firewall and paint all that up nice. Not really sure yet how much I want to tear back apart to do it though

Old 12-10-2004, 10:02 PM   #5
bigblock73
yeller

Trust me, I know the body shop blues first hand!

At least you got your truck back in your possession...safe and sound where it belongs. I would like to see updated pics, so please...POST 'EM!! I could care less if it is "done", just seeing trucks getting worked on is cool.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:28 AM   #6
87 Shortwide

Heres a few pics... to jog your memories

this was the last pic before it went to the body shop

Cage Hoop

My custom pod, alot of this is getting re-worked, including repaint of the dash

This was before I started the whole build, after a little body work