The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2004, 08:55 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Attn 7t2

Hey, just noticed you on here for the first time, was wondering what part of columbus you are on. I think that makews about 5 or 6 in the greater columbus area.
I'm just a few miles from the west broad Jegs. (Georgian heights area)

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:01 PM   #2
7T2

I'm over on the East side, in the 'hood (well, near the 'hood anyway, more like Whitehall...).

My friend has an insurance agency on the corner of Broad and Wilson, not too far from you. I work for the Arena District downtown.

Todd
7T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:05 AM   #3
Longhorn Man

Sweet, we have more members on your side of town than over here...it's just me and longhair over here, there is bodyshopdropout in gahanna and a guy from the 73-87 pages,...350sbc maybe? I think he is in renoldsburg.
Broad and wilson...I know exactly where you are talking...right next to Crown temp servises....same building, right? That's on my way home from the shop. I had a blow out on top of that bridge a couple months ago and landed the town car in the guar rail.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:54 AM   #4
dons454s

I used to live at 3092 sullivant ave worked over beside pep boys at southeastern auto sales.
dons454s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #5
Longhorn Man

Dude, I'm a block off of sullivant....
Sullivant and Georgesville....that's the closest main interseaction. I live in that neighborhood.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:58 PM   #6
dons454s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
Dude, I'm a block off of sullivant....
Sullivant and Georgesville....that's the closest main interseaction. I live in that neighborhood.
Small world huh lol. We moved back up her to PA around 10 years ago. Been thinking about moving back down in that area and starting a resto shop with my father inlaw. Bought alot of parts up there at Jegs by you, sure was nice to have a speed a few minutes from the house.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:08 PM   #7
dons454s

Now dang it you got me day dreaming lol. Is norms, Cantleys, Central City, Edisons still around. Just a couple places I used to stomp through the mud in specially Norms lol
Old 12-10-2004, 02:27 PM   #8
Longhorn Man

Cental City is kinda expensive, havent been there since i was a teen.
Cantly's was sold about 8 years ago, and the owner and his crew are real jerks...but I'll go there once in a while.
Norms is pretty much non existant now, they went into the scrap buisness with there neighbors. They normally have about 25 or so cars to pic over.
Woodies and Eddisons are my main two yards...along with a local big yard that just opened, I can't rememebr the name...pick a part, or something like that...It is just down the road from Norm's off 104.
Considering the area we are in, these are some pretty decent yards, nothing compaired to teh yards I visited in Tx though, THEY know how to make a yard desirable. Easy to get along with the workers, good prices, never crush anything, lots of old cars and trucks...
Old 12-10-2004, 03:54 PM   #9
dons454s

I forgot all about woodies and the father in law did say about the new place out on 104 ill have to check it out next summer while im there.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:44 PM   #10
OhioChevy

Longhorn Man

I used to live on Sullivant Ave. back in 1963 for a while. I worked at a
small plant on the ccc highway called Timkins metal. I have a brother
that lives on the east side of Columbus just off yearling road. I now live
just 80 miles south of Columbus off US 23 just below Waverly. I hope to
make the ohio get-to-gather next fall if I can get the info on the date and
place.

Don
OhioChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:00 PM   #11
7T2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChevy
I have a brother
that lives on the east side of Columbus just off yearling road.

Don
I live a block away from Livingston and Yearling.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:10 AM   #12
OhioChevy

7t2

Brother is on Rickenbacker just off Yearling. He retired from ups about
four years ago. He owns a real sweet looking 56 chevy bel-air and you
may have seen it around.

Don
OhioChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:45 PM   #13
Longhorn Man

funny...when i first moved to columbus when I was 15, we lived on Rickenbacker. It's kinda gone down hill now though. Then again, most of the city has.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:51 PM   #14
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

The new place is "U-Wrench It" Andy.
I drive past the Wilson/Broad Insurance place everyday....twice.
We must work really close together Andy. I'm just down off of Fisher Road near Phillipi Road.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 03:35 PM   #15
Longhorn Man

U wrech it...yeah, that's it!
I work off of Trabue, between the wall mart and UPS...on teh wallmart side of the road. I take wilson so i don't have to worry about the tracks. Before they repaved Wilson, i rolled the dice with the train and took Phillipi.
I'm familiar with the area you work in...we buy radiators from Radac who is in there. That's where the tornado hid 2 years ago (in november of all times!) Neon Lary and him mom and sister were at the house visiting when that happened. I still have a pic of the billboard sign that got folded over back there by Principle Truck Supply. (Who also took some damage from the tornado)
Old 12-12-2004, 04:30 PM   #16
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Yup, the radiator place is the next block west. I know where you are talking about too, I used to work on the just north of there up Walcutt on Roberts.

I know exactly where you are talking about (Georgian Heights). I grew up in Grove City and had grandparents on the west side. I am very familiar with that area.

Years ago, before the underpass on Wilson was built, I used to work in a machine shop on Interchange (up by the Pilot truckstop). For about a year the company ran a 3rd shift, which I volunteered to work. About twice a week we would get caught by the train coming back from White Castle when going out for lunch. That was the only thing around there then. This was about 1982 and that was a pretty barren area then.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:32 PM   #17
7T2

I used to work on Fisher Rd. near McKinley, right next to the railroad tracks, before the place closed up. We used to watch them shoot stuff at the police academy. McKinley is like "junkyard row" there.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:58 PM   #18
7T2

Hey all you west side boys, just thought I'd let you know -- I was in "U Stor and Sell" today on the corner of Fisher and Wilson and they have a REAL nice 72 Cheyanne Longbed in there. It's a factory 402 truck with factory air. Looks like it has a late model tilt column in it. It has 50K miles on it. It was hard to tell because it was sort of dark where they had it, but it looks like a burnt orange or brown metallic, with white between the upper and lower body moldings. Owner is asking $14,000 for it. It looks really nice. Didn't look under the hood, but the body looked super straight.

It was in the back warehouse, so you have to go through the office to get to it, but that part is open to the public as well. Go check it out.