The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2004, 03:43 PM   #1
lost wages

air ride kit on ebay

i have seen lots of guys asking about this so heres one, not mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...941159810&rd=1
lost wages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:10 PM   #2
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost wages
i have seen lots of guys asking about this so heres one, not mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...941159810&rd=1
WOW, that guys right next door to me. hmm .... too bad he doesnt have much of a description because i want to bag my 67 and if i knew this kit would include everything i need i would buy it. Would someone who knows more about bags let me know if this is a good kit and if it would work on my 67 and what else i would need? Also, what would be a good price for this?
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:41 PM   #3
NotLowerThanMe

You would still need.

line
pressure switch
step notch
some kind of link system
fittings

I would say if you could get it for $600 it would be a good deal.

I would also confirm that they are the proper front brackets that you would need and ask which airbags they are selling specifically.

I stay away from using manual valves. Mainly because you have to run a ton of airline into the cab to hook up the gauges and switches and people have had problems with leaks. Also they don't specify which valve it is. 1/8", 1/4", 1/2"?
NotLowerThanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:00 PM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Lets see what he has-
Hi-flow 4 way panel- 485.00
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:05 PM   #5
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Looks like the larger MIC compressor- 270.00

Old 12-13-2004, 10:22 PM   #6
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Looks like a 5 gallon tank- 50.00 (in black)

Old 12-13-2004, 10:26 PM   #7
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

It looks like the brackest are 70.00 a set x4= 280.00. I can't find a price on their bags, but this should give you an idea. I'm sure it was bought as a kit of some sort so it may have retailed for 1450-ish

Just a guess though....
Old 12-14-2004, 11:24 AM   #8
GreyHoundSteve

Thanks for the replies guys. As far as the link set up goes .... i dont think i'll need one. In fact i might not even notch my frame. I thought about notching my frame when i had the bed off before they painted it but after speaking with a couple of guys the "c" notch seems pintless because it only looks like you maybe get an extra inch or two and thats assuming that your axel fits in that groove perfectly and a step notch would require a custom bed and im not sure that is something i want to do since im still not even 100% sure bags are for me.

I want my truck to be sporty and im concerned that bags might not launch as well as some stiff springs or that cornering at speed might not be as tight. Also, i have no intention of "laying frame" so im not sure that i even need to bag my truck to get the stance i want. But then i see these beutiful trucks and all of them are riding on bags. The best thing about bags is that if you ever did want to take your truck over a curb you can get a enough lift to do it and then drop it back down so it looks good when your out of harms way and that really apeals to me since ive had static dropped vehicles and been scared to take them on certain roads.

I would like to know if someone can tell me if this kit will work on a 67 or not? I dont know much about these trucks so i cant tell if they have the same brackets that i would need. I know alot of guys here in dfw have bad exp and if one of them could help me out i would much appreciate it. In fact, im not crazy about that controller and of someone can help me with this purchase i would probably give them a very nice price on it as i favor the new digital controllers.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote