The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
muddpile

One piece side glass

I really like the modern look and leak free idea of a single piece of glass in there. How much modification is required to do this? I know some places sell a kit for it, I believe mothertruckers is one of them. The way I see it, I need a new passenger window (old one smashed, replaced with plexi and silicone) all the seals for the triangle windows, all the seals for the big windows, etc. The drivers window is kind of marked up also. All this stuff will likely add up to the price of the kit (maybe even more, haven't figured it out). Then there is the fact that I can sell all the old stuff to recover some cost, as there are some good pieces and lots of useable ones. Basically, is it a worthwhile mod and can I do it myself with a few tools?
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #2
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Muddpile,

There's been a LOT written about the One Piece windows.( do a search) I like them also, and it will be in the TO DO list.

You'll need good working Regulators, good window channel fabric. Etc. etc. Bottom line, everything needs to be in the best of working order. And take your time doing the install and adjustment.
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:36 PM   #3
purple gas

Check out Scotts in penhold alberta. They have a kit comes with everyting glass chanels & seals. Priced in canadian $ and no customs to worry about. Compared to re-doing regular windows one piece is quite affordable. I put them in a beetle I had & plan on putting them in my truck.
purple gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
GreyHoundSteve

I just started installing mine this weekend and while the instructions make it seem really simple there is a bit more involved than the instructions lead you to believe. I spent awhile on the grinder trying to get some of the brackets to fit right. They do look VERY GOOD though and i was impressed by the quality of parts in the kit. I expected the fab work since i had read most of the installs from guys here before i started. A good mod but quiet a bit of work. I would do it again though because the look that good.

P.s. they do lean in when not all the way up.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:57 AM   #5
muddpile

I'm not afraid of window installation work. Ever had to align or install a window in a C4 corvette? This truck should be a piece of cake compared to that. Scott's have em you say Purple Gas? That's good, as I have a catalog on the way, and I figured that glass coming all the way up here might not fair the trip so well. My regualtors seem to function fine, and I will be replacing all the felt etc. Thanks and I'll do a search to see what else I can find!
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote