The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
sawyer

any ideas on the best way to mount swivel seats from a conversion van

I just got some nice seats for real cheap,that swivel 360 degrees and all of the other ecessary functions. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to mount them in a 72 blazer. I know I have to cut it down height wise already so I was thinking of welding parallel (I think it's called this) C-channels and bolting the base to that, but that makes it a little tough to carpet. The base of the seat is basically a 6" diameter pipe attached to a 12" square baseplate It sort of looks like a squarer and flatter version of Frosty's or Lincoln's hats if that makes any sense. The baseplate has four holes and was bolted through the floor. But that I am pretty sure would not be strong enough. My interior is stripped so any ideas that will work. . .will work. Also there is a matching electric bench/bed that is in perfect condition for only $15. I think it's a little lame but my friends seem to think it would be pretty cool. Any thoughts?
sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

I've seen a lot of photos with the swivel seats, but i have no idea how they mounted them. I would think you could weld some support under the floor boards to create a solid mounting point.

You probably won't be able to tilt the passenger side seat forward with these seats. The high back seats ad a risk of breaking the windshield when they tilt forward. The seats in my '69 hit the windshield so you have to put it forward carefully.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
sawyer

Hey , thanks for the heads up with the windshield, that would be my luck to break it. Mounting it underneath, that could maybe work, but wouldn't that be inside of the rocker box? Any thoughts on the bed thing, because if I want it, I have to get it tomorrow.
sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
JayDubBlazer
go cyclones

You should be able to avoid the rocker box if the bottom bracket isn't to big. Or if you need to you can build brackets that allow you to use the outside bolt hole from the original seats. That is what I did to intall my tahoe seats. You can always add bracing on the bottom of the vehicle for more stability.

PROJECT OLE GREEN

1972 Blazer 4X4 350/700R4
2017 Silverado LT
JayDubBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote