The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2005, 12:32 PM   #1
76sierraclassic

Want to update interior - need advice and help....

I've been thinking about updating the interior of my truck, and I need a little advice from you guys that have been there before. I have a lot of woodgrain in my truck (dash bezel and insert on the passenger side, and the whole top of the door panels). I've been considering replacing it with some of the billet inserts, but I haven't figured out what to do with the door panels. My truck is a 76, and I've been told that it's difficult to change to the newer style of door panels where I could have the billet inserts (or the brushed aluminum). I've been looking at the aftermarket door panels like Chevy Duty and LMC truck sell, but they look a little "plain" to me.

If I figure out what to do about the door panels, my next question is about the billet inserts. Since I have a woodgrain dash bezel, would it be better to buy a different bezel to add the billet trim to? Also, how does the billet insert for the passenger side of the dash work? Does it cover up what's there, or replace it completely? Do you have to take out the directional vents?

Also, my interior is blue. Pretty much all of the interior trim needs to be dyed, and I need new upholstery, carpet and a headliner. If I were to buy all new blue parts from someone like Chevy Duty, LMC, or Classic Industries, would it all be the same color blue, or am I still going to have to dye it to get it to match?

Any advice and help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by 76sierraclassic; 01-21-2005 at 12:34 PM.
76sierraclassic is offline   Reply With Quote