The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
slammd72

Set-ups On Bagged Trucks!!

i would like to know how everyone is setting up there bagged trucks. brands, model #s, styles of bags, valves, compressors, tanks, line, and fittings. all of your input will help me greatly.

also could you please include all the specifics on you truck too...year, body style, long bed/short bed, engine, tranny, and the most important ARE YOU LAYIN ROCKER OR NOT!!!

slammd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
BeerMonkeY
sold

well i only have the front of my burb bagged, its def not low enough cause i dont have drop spindles yet. i used firestone 2600 w 1/2" line and push on fittings , 3/8" SMC valves , a york engine driven comp and 16 gal of tanks
BeerMonkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
bagged72blaz
Got L.E.D.s

What year model is your truck?
Old 01-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #4
slammd72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY
well i only have the front of my burb bagged, its def not low enough cause i dont have drop spindles yet. i used firestone 2600 w 1/2" line and push on fittings , 3/8" SMC valves , a york engine driven comp and 16 gal of tanks
how quickly does you set up go up/down? what year burb and what engine? also what is the ride like and at what psi do you run when driving? sorry about the insane amount of questions, just trying to get more info! thanx

Old 01-05-2005, 06:40 PM   #5
slammd72

also are these pics or your burb in this thread all the way up and all the way down? do you know how much travel you get?

Old 01-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #6
BeerMonkeY
sold

yeah thats my gray burb, its a 89, got a 350,auto. rid eis awesome(in the front anyway) i run about 60-70 psi to get a good ride. im not sure acutal lift but i can measure it if you want. its pretty quick, about a second to go from droped to full height.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:40 PM   #7
slammd72

cool...i would really like to see some actual lift measurements. are your bags single 1/2" ported? did you use the ***************** kit ? also did you have to cut anything (for bag clearance)when you installed the bags? and do you know how much your burb weighs? the only reason i ask is i think it would be similar to my 88 crew cab. i appreciate you help.

Last edited by slammd72; 01-06-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #8
ricecop425
carl

just call up suicidedoors and talk to jason, i just ordered my kit yesterday, he was really nice about it and recomend to me what i needed. your goin to get about 6"-7" of travel from 0 psi to fully inflated. the front bag cups just bolt right in you shouldn't have to cut, and you can also trim like and inch off the bottom cup to get another inch of drop, mine should be comign next week i am very excited. and yah use 2600 up front and in back. later man. but go to suicidedoors that jsut my 2 cents
Old 01-07-2005, 12:01 AM   #9
slammd72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecop425
just call up suicidedoors and talk to jason, i just ordered my kit yesterday, he was really nice about it and recomend to me what i needed. your goin to get about 6"-7" of travel from 0 psi to fully inflated. the front bag cups just bolt right in you shouldn't have to cut, and you can also trim like and inch off the bottom cup to get another inch of drop, mine should be comign next week i am very excited. and yah use 2600 up front and in back. later man. but go to suicidedoors that jsut my 2 cents
my kit should be here tomorrow, but i was just wondering what to expect (if anything). my dropped spindles got here yesterday, so i have to get 1/2 ton calipers, rotors, and control arms. im converting my 1 ton to 1/2 ton and baggin all at the same time. i also did some measuring and im 12" off the ground at the lowest point now so i figure that ill be 2" aired out. 7" with bags and 3" with spindles. anyone know what the difference in height between stock 1/2 ton suspension and just the bag kit?

Old 01-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #10
BeerMonkeY
sold

i had to trim the part where the bump stop is mounted but that was it, i wish i know about trimming the lower cup before i did mine. oh well
Old 01-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #11
easyrid3r

When I had my 88 crewcab dually I laid cross member with bags and spindles. Upper and lower control arms were stock. Even with a 454 my setup was as fast as BeerMonKeY. I had 3/8 SMC's with 1/2 port firestones. I also ran 60 to 70 for a comfortable ride and 45 to 55 for looks. Pic is before spindles.
Attached Images

easyrid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:15 AM   #12
slammd72

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrid3r
When I had my 88 crewcab dually I laid cross member with bags and spindles. Upper and lower control arms were stock. Even with a 454 my setup was as fast as BeerMonKeY. I had 3/8 SMC's with 1/2 port firestones. I also ran 60 to 70 for a comfortable ride and 45 to 55 for looks. Pic is before spindles.
now did you have to cut the bumpstops off and take the inner fenders out? i already cut the bumpstops off of the lowers on my 1/2 ton stuff.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:49 AM   #13
easyrid3r

Yes I did. I was rubbing on the inner fender wells with just the air bags on. So those were changed to trailer fenders with 88-98 fender felt. Had to keep her clean inside. This was all with 29.04 inch tall tires. 255/50/19 And I would have done 22's from a semi until my friend who tows less then I had a very bad accident because of the adapters. Hence me sticking with brentzwheels.com. Bumpstops have to be atleast cut down partly so they don't cut bag and so you get lower.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:51 AM   #14
slammd72

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrid3r
Yes I did. I was rubbing on the inner fender wells with just the air bags on. So those were changed to trailer fenders with 88-98 fender felt. Had to keep her clean inside. This was all with 29.04 inch tall tires. 255/50/19 And I would have done 22's from a semi until my friend who tows less then I had a very bad accident because of the adapters. Hence me sticking with brentzwheels.com. Bumpstops have to be atleast cut down partly so they don't cut bag and so you get lower.
yeah thats why i converted from one ton to half. i did NOT want to run adapters and i eventually want to run at least 22's. so i went to half ton. i know the ball joints will wear prematurely, but ill have so many more wheel options. and for me as long as my truck is layin rocker and sittin on some 22's at the least im satisfyied changen ball joints more often!! BY THE WAY WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "TRAILER FENDERS WITH 88-98 FENDER FELT"?

Old 01-22-2005, 02:58 AM   #15
easyrid3r

Well you can run 22's and not use adapters on a 1ton. Ans you wouldnt have a ball joint issue. With the trailer fenders you get the inner fender well rubber out of an 88-98 to hang from the fender wells. I would show you pictures but I don't have any of the inside of the engine compartment since it was stolen.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #16
NotLowerThanMe

Was that picture taken at Texas Heat Wave 04? I remember seeing it sitting outside the gates at check in. I'm also going to assume your Talking about Marks Dodge shearing his wheel adaptor heading to the show.

I'm wondering however how you run 22's without adaptors on a 1 ton? I have adaptors on mine since its 8 lug to 10 lug. Unless your talking about Brentz wheels.

That was a nice looking truck to bad it was stolen.

Nic
www.crazytalkcustoms.com
NotLowerThanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 03:34 PM   #17
easyrid3r

Yes I am talking about Brent. He started making and selling 22's again. I am thinking about running a 22 on the rear and a 19 on the front of my 93. Any advice? As far as Marks dodge I have seen a picture on a website with the wheel sheared off. I was talking about a guy here that had 22 inch Alcoa holeshots on his 87 that actually put the truck on its side. Last week I was checking your truck out. I like how it looks and I do miss by big blue box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLowerThanMe
Was that picture taken at Texas Heat Wave 04? I remember seeing it sitting outside the gates at check in. I'm also going to assume your Talking about Marks Dodge shearing his wheel adaptor heading to the show.

I'm wondering however how you run 22's without adaptors on a 1 ton? I have adaptors on mine since its 8 lug to 10 lug. Unless your talking about Brentz wheels.

That was a nice looking truck to bad it was stolen.

Nic
www.crazytalkcustoms.com
Old 01-22-2005, 06:14 PM   #18
NotLowerThanMe

Was that guy running billet adaptors on his dually or steel? That would suck to break an adaptor and loose your wheel while your driving. Do you have any pics of it?

Well I had a ton of work to get my truck to lay with 22's. you style however is a ton easier to get down. Personally I would run 22's on it. I would have bought a set of Brentz wheels but they were just to much money compared to what it cost me to do it with semi wheels. Plus I like the look of the larger lug pattern, but it has made a bunch of problems now that I body dropped it.
NotLowerThanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #19
easyrid3r

It was a tow rig for his race car. I don't know the guy personally I had just passed it on my way to the track. Ugly site though. Not often you see a dually on its side. Some guy(possibly his friend) at the track told us what happened but I didn't ask details about the parts. He was just lucky the trailer rolled into the back of a tractor trailer without damage to the car inside.

What problems? fender clearance for steering?