The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2005, 09:52 PM   #1
fishmunger

Father/ son project help...

Hi im 17 and i have an 81 c10 ive fixed up. However, my dad and i want to restore his 46 chevy pickup from the frame up. I know its not 47-55, but i was wondering if you guys new any good websites for me to check out. We want to put IFS in it so that it can be my daily driver, i was wondering if it just bolts in nice and easy or do u have to weld it in? also, has anybody ever "built" a 235, we kinda wanna hop up the 6 just to do something a little different than anyone else. if anybody knows good sites where i can learn about either one, id greatly appreciate it. thanks
fishmunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
NeCrOmAnCeR

Try www.stovebolt.com Lots of good articles and another discussion board. Sometimes takes forever to load the page though.
NeCrOmAnCeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:34 PM   #3
wycheguy

You know, if you are going to put an IFS in the 46, you might as well upgrade to a V-8. You will already have the motor mounts attached when you install the new suspension. As far as bolt in or welding, take measurements first. Your 81 would bolt into a 47-55 but im not sure about a 46. But anything is possible with a big sledge hammer :> Keep us updated
Mikey
Old 01-31-2005, 10:26 PM   #4
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

I have to agree on the IFS. If you're going to do that, you might as well drop in a V8. There are quite a few IFS systems (bolt on and weld in). This should keep you reading for a bit.....
http://www.fatmanfab.com/
http://www.heidts.com/index.html
http://www.nolimit.net/
If you're still set on the 235, I've got an intake and a carb you might be interested in. Check my site below for pics.
Good luck!!
Oh, and welcome to the board!
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1776
3100 special is offline   Reply With Quote