The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
Lobo'74

Plans for my dash

PO had Truck in turquoise, white, and black. Period. The onle chrome is on door handles, dash knobs, etc.

The interior is turquoise with the metal door panels in white, the glovebox door in white, and the non gage dash painted white as well.

PO had cut the appropriate size holes in the lower dash for add on gages in what is about the stock gage location, but had old 60's style black sunpro and stewart-warner gages installed. I replaced them with white face sunpro gages.

I want a stock "feel" to my dash, but I want it white faced. I want to use a gage dash painted white (like now), with the sunpro white face gages in the lower locations, but I want to get the white face "stick on" kit for the spedometer, fuel gage, and tach. I want to use the grid-design tach face in the center, but I want to move the fuel gage to the center. Then I'll put a white face 3 3/8" sunpro super tach II in the right side inner are where the fuel gage was before.

I think I gan figure out how to get the tach in there, but I am uncertain on if I can get the fuel gage into the center, how to get the same lettering font for the "EMPTY FUEL FULL" labeling, and how to do the hybred wiring this will entail.

Anybody done anything similar or have any ideas?
Lobo'74 is offline   Reply With Quote