The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
Gyva

Clutch Question, I broke it, got pics, Help

Ok I adjusted my clutch rod as far as I could on the linkage side (see pics) and then I tested it and nope still wouldn't disengage, ok so then I moved the fork rod to the inner hole on the fork, nope. Ok then I on the fork side added a nut and washer makeing the fork side of the fork rod extend as far as possible and this didn't disengage it and it bent my fork rod (see pics) I'm wondering is I have another problem here. I used the same throwout bearing and pressure plate the only thing I changed was the clutch plate it self. can I rob a stronger fork rod off another truck that might have a longer adjustment to it? thanks ...

heres the pics,
Attached Images

Gyva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
Gyva

Errrrrrrrrgggg

is there a feeler guage spec I could use, from under the truck I got one of the kids to push the clutch pedal and I can see the thing moving just not enough I guess.... What gap should I see between the pressure plate and the clutch plate, I'd say right now there is about Oh 1/16 or 1/8 on an inch gap between the 2 but its still grabbin.

don't hand me a brick lol....

Mike...
Old 02-06-2005, 11:16 PM   #3
Florida Mike

Mike
...this may sound stupid but are you sure you didn't install the clutch disc backwards.Just an idea.
mike
Florida Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #4
Gyva

nope triple checked when it was going in... hummm warped pressure plate? I never did see this thing run before I got it.

Mike
Old 02-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #5
71jimmy

I haven't done a clutch job in my Jimmy yet so I don't have any real answers for ya. But for other clutch jobs I've done, I always have the flywheel resurfaced when its out, not expensive and it'll tell ya if its any good. Also always replace throw out bearing etc. Not expensive and a biatch if you got to pull it all apart again. If you never drove it, how do you know it was working before you started?

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."
71jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:33 AM   #6
bpmcgee

I can't imagine being able to bend that rod without having clutch problems. It just doesn't exert that much pressure. I think if you replaced the rod with something else you'd just be putting off finding the REAL problem.

Brian
bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
Gyva

lol agreed.... tranny droppin time.

Mike...