The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2005, 09:46 PM   #76
bagged72blaz
Got L.E.D.s

Unhappy

I bite my thumb at them!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #77
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

XXL,... what sway bar are you going to use? I know aftermarket,... but who has the cheapest that will work with the ART lower arms?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:00 PM   #78
cysko9
MI '69

haha, just a thought.... oh well
Old 02-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #79
XXL
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99
XXL,... what sway bar are you going to use? I know aftermarket,... but who has the cheapest that will work with the ART lower arms?
Actually none.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:47 AM   #80
Shev
Head Peon

You can purchase the uppers and lowers seperate...as far as a special color I believe you can order them in different colors, it just costs a little extra (I will check with Jason pricing on the seperate items and special colors) You can also buy the kit without bags...
Old 02-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #81
luckydog
< Fav Place on Earth!

Will these arms achieve a higher drop than just stock arms?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:40 PM   #82
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

I'd say that the ART arms would be about the equivalent of using the stock lower arms without lower bag cups (but without the inevitable rubbing that would occur by doing so).
Old 02-14-2005, 11:46 PM   #83
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed67
I'd say that the ART arms would be about the equivalent of using the stock lower arms without lower bag cups (but without the inevitable rubbing that would occur by doing so).
Funny you bring that up ... still no pics from the blowhard that SWORE his didn't rub without cups.

Funny how some folks disappear once they are called "out."
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #84
bagged72blaz
Got L.E.D.s

Well he did get back-up from another member(notlowerthanme) supporting his claim, and with some of the smaller stiffer diameter bags I don't see why it wouldn't work. I don't use cups either but I do have airlift plates under the front bags.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:27 AM   #85
XXL
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
still no pics from the blowhard that SWORE his didn't rub without cups.
The moment I read slammed's post I knew you'd be all over that one
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #86
Shev
Head Peon

I agree XXL...and it's getting old...
Old 02-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #87
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged72blaz
Well he did get back-up from another member(notlowerthanme) supporting his claim, and with some of the smaller stiffer diameter bags I don't see why it wouldn't work. I don't use cups either but I do have airlift plates under the front bags.
Back up? When did this turn into a gang fight where someone needs "back up?" But since you brought it up, I too have back up that say they WILL rub without lower cups.

He beat his chest about his NOT running lower cups & his bags NOT rubbing and I asked for pics ... nothing more ... nothing less. He promised pics and never delivered, nor did his "back up." Thus the "blow hard" comment.

You state you run lower "plates" and not cups ... well, the plates take the place of the cups ... therefore that point is moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
I agree XXL...and it's getting old...
Sorry you feel this "is getting old." I was only trying to point out that: "Some do ... Some only talk about it."

I didn't realize you had "a dawg in this race" ... I will be sure to include you in any further replies that I post concerning this subject.

Anywhoo, back to the subject at hand. I realize some of you guys are new here ... but you must also realize that there are some of us here who have been doing this sort of thing long long long before you guys (chest beaters, as well as others, included) came on board.

There is "nothing new under the sun ... it's all been tried before" ... and most of it has been tried before by the ones that have been frequenting this board for MORE than a few months. What good is it to spread information about something that others KNOW is just plain WRONG, as well as UNSAFE.

Sure you can run your bags without any lower cups ... you can also steer your truck with your feet ... but just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

By calling such information "out," those of us that have tried this sort of things are helping those that come here to learn about new ideas. I would certainly hate for a new "someone" to read that "just because" someone else said so, he could mount his bags WITHOUT lower cups only to have them burst, delfate and then wreck his truck because they were rubbing.

It's not only dumb, it's just plain dangerous.

I just wanted to know which type I was dealing with and I think I have gotten my answer ... and actually from more than one person.

Last edited by Shane; 02-15-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote