The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
dmec

tach dash f/s

tach dash complete with wiring harness. plug and play. printed circuit is perfect. $250 plus shipping
Attached Images

dmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
SKYGOD

Thanks a lot, these two pictures are perfect. I purchased the guage panel from a guy on ebay and it looks just like this but newer looking.
When I put it in I did not see the wiring attachments behind the tach as this picture displays and assumed that they were built into the printed circuit. Now I see that I have to remove a protective cover off the back of the tach and get to the wiring nuts.
I will buy a wiring harness for the tach. I have used LMCtrucks.com and they have been very responsive as well as gmcpauls.
Thanks for the help.
One more question? There is a brown and pink wire coming out of the guage position next to the oil pressure guage, where I assume the vacuum guage would normally go.
Do you have any idea what the electrical wires are for? Maybe they are the tach wires????
Old 02-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
dmec

i guess they could be wires for the tach. if so, someone has done some rewiring. gactory tach has lugs on the outside for wire connections. they are marked 12v and coil. 12v wire went to switched power on fuse block. coil went to either coil or hei. you could actually make up your own wires.
dmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
SKYGOD

Wiring Harness

Thanks again for your prompt response. I will pull the assembly back out and try to trace the wiring down. I will have to do it anyway to get to the back of the tach.