The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2002, 10:40 AM   #1
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Ya gatta hear this

A buddy of mine has a near mint 70 C-10 lwb that he purchased a couple years ago for hardly nothing. Well, the other day he bought 2 more, along with a rolling chassis (package deal) for $600. He said that the guy CAME TO HIM because the guy knew that he liked old stuff. Is anyone else here THAT lucky?
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 10:47 AM   #2
Bill72BB
Thats the Hillbilly way

Randy the last time I heard someone say I know you like old stuff he was talking to my wife and pointing at me.

Bill
Member Old Farts Club
72 3/4ton Custom Camper BB402/400 trans Dynomax Cerama-coat headers , Hei distributor ,Edelbrock 1411 air,ps,pb,leafsprings ,98 chevy 60/40 seat,S10 shoulder belts
tilt,3.54 Dana 60 rear. 16" Eagle wheels with LT265/75 16 tires,Gaylord Lid,H4 headlights with 100W relay conversion.

" If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself "
Marriage changes passion...suddenly you're in bed with a relative. A GUY'S PRAYER....

Lord, I pray for a nympho with huge boobs who owns a liquor store and likes to fish and hunt and has a Harley .Amen ,
Bill72BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:04 AM   #3
junkyardjohn

Thumbs up

YEP -- IT'S HAPPENED TO ME ON SEVERAL OCASIONS. THE LAST DEAL -- A GUY THAT HAS BOUGHT ALOT OF PARTS FROM ME IN THE PAST, SAID HE HAD A RUSTFREE , HEAVILY OPTIONED 72 SHORT FLEET CHEYENNE, THAT HE'S HAD FOR 30 YEARS, THAT HE WAS THINKING OF SELLING FOR $2500, BUT IF I WAS INTERESTED, I COULD HAVE IT FOR $1500, CAUSE I'VE GIVEN HIM ALOT OF SMOKIN DEALS, & ANSWERED ALOT OF QUESTIONS, IN THE PAST,& HE KNEW I'D RESTORE IT TO BETTER THAN NEW CONDITION. 4 OR 5 PEOPLE HAVE BROUGHT ME PARTS, THEY HAD LEFT OVER FROM PROJECTS, ( SOME COMPLETE STRANGERS) JUST CAUSE THEY KNEW I MESSED AROUND WITH THESE OLD TRUCKS ALL THE TIME. THERE REALLY ARE A BUNCH OF GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE, IF YOU JUST GIVE EM A CHANCE.
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:28 AM   #4
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Here's one for ya. A friend of mine has a sister that lives in another state. The sister's roomate inherits her father's '68 short fleetside (with matching topper). The truck is in mint condition, never spent a night outside in it's life, one of those trucks we all dream of, low miles, and treated like a baby. The gal hardly ever drives it, just kept it for sentimental reasons. Well now, she has decided to GIVE it to my friend, because she knows he likes these old trucks, and that he will take care of it and never sell it. When he told me about it a couple weeks ago, my jaw dropped, I couldn't believe it. I don't know what I'd do if something like that happened to me, but I'd probably have to change my drawers first thing, he-hee!
Old 07-18-2002, 11:39 AM   #5
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Bill, she's standing right behind you.
Yeah, I've had a couple nice deals too, but none like those.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 12:45 PM   #6
bigcarguy
Finally a Bulldawg

I drove a 77 Camaro in high school so most people knew that I was into old cars. A couple from church gave me a 71 Ford Torino 4 door. Only had like 85,000 miles on it with a 351 Cleveland. I eventually ended up giving it to the daughter of the people that gave it to me. Then was given a 78 F100 that didn't run. After a few months of fiddling with it I gave it to my brother. Finally a guy told me that if I could get his truck out of his yard, I could have it. I went to look and it was a 72 C10. I did a little work on it and had it towed to the transmission shop for a rebuild. Thing ran fine afterwards and is now my daily driver.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:50 PM   #7
fine69

I have gotten some great deals on stuff from people who stopped at my house. I have also came home and found a bunch of parts stacked up at my garage door. Never did find out who left the stuff.
Since i have multiple vehicles at my place people stop all the time wanting to sell me parts and vehicles. Sometimes its good deals. Sometimes they leave mad because they think their stuff is worth tons of money.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 01:48 PM   #8
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

I have always been baffled by luck. Many say you make your own luck, I don’t buy that. If you work at something and get it, that’s not luck, you earned it.

So wtf IS luck any way? We all know people, like this guy, who just seam to always be in the right place at the right time. the bastards are always catching breaks. getting great jobs, women,money,smart kids who stay out of trouble, never get tickets or get in wrecks, are always winning money, trips, prices (the bastards always win a good prize at the company xmas party every freakin year) WTF!

meanwhile back at the ranch. guys like me couldn't catch a break to save their life. I have to work for everything. anyone know of a voodoo luck dance, or should I sacrifice a goat? something, geez.

one other thing i have noticed, not always,(not including you guys im sure =) ) but often enough to catch my attention... these lucky people are usualy di$k heads, no morals, selfish, never work that hard.

anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by mtdave2; 07-19-2002 at 01:50 PM.
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote