The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
twigg

another frame question

I bought a 69 c-10 longbed for $200 because it throw a rod and he didn't want to pull the motor. Well I figured when I have the motor out I'am going to do some chassis work since I'am down there.

I'am going to drop the front crossmember 3 1/2 and remember someone saying that they moved it front or back like a inch to center the wheels in the fenderwell.

Also I was thinking about cutting about an inch or 2 off of the bottom the frame so I don't have to bodydrop it. I heard it has been done but I wanted to hear what you guys think about doing this.

Thanx a million
twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
BK
BK Built

well, you cant drop just the crossmember 3 1/2" without some major fab and problems. Most guys go 1.25 or 1.5" on the crossmember drop, you can do one of those accompanied by a z-ed frame, most people run 2" or 3" on the z-ed frame, or do like i did, and i just have drop spindles(3") and a 4" z, and i dont need a body drop. Im pretty sure these trucks dont need a body drop to lay just rocker, mine lays rocker without one.
BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #3
twigg

I thought about z-ing the frame but I'am just weighing out my options before I start hacking. I not worried about the fab work on the crossmember. I was going to weld the crossmember to the frame once I have everything where I want it.

Thanx for you input.
twigg is offline   Reply With Quote