The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
shifty
Questionable

I wish my truck looked like this ...

I don't know if any of you guys subscribe to Truckin' mag, but here is an article that was buried the back of the magazine from November 2004 that I missed 'til recently. I took photos of the photos in the article (sorry about the bad quality) and took a picture of the article also.

I wish my '68 SWB stepside looked like this one. I'd want heated, powered bucket seats and airbags on the suspension, but ... this is it!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:42 PM   #2
71swb4x4

That is a sweet truck. I'd take it!
Old 03-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
Joe67
67 is sold

Yep - I've saved pics of that rig for a while now

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
shifty
Questionable

I love the steering column and steering wheel! I love how he wrapped the upholstery up under the dash to match the doors. The gauge panel is nice and the e-brake blends right in with everything else. Teh pedals and shifter are cool too, but ... must be an auto? I don't see a clutch pedal.

I personally like to see the silver trim on the front though. The paint job doesn't really respect the lines of the truck.

I wish I knew more about the truck. Can't seem to find it on the web. Just know the owner is from Washington and his tag is WA68PU.

I'd love to know the wheel size, suspension specs and get more information about the engine. It almost looks like it has one of the new 1999 & up Vortec engines because of the cover.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #5
GreyHoundSteve

It has been listed for sale on ebay twice in the past few months. They are asking for ridiculous money for it. Nice truck though. The talegate has some nascar thing painted on it though.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #6
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

Looks like the creativity hit a brick wall with the gauge cluster.Truck looks good,but that gauge cluster looks cheezy.
Maybe it's just the size of the gauges,I dunno.
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:53 PM   #7
smokekiki
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainchild
Looks like the creativity hit a brick wall with the gauge cluster.Truck looks good,but that gauge cluster looks cheezy.
Maybe it's just the size of the gauges,I dunno.
I don't put down many trucks,but for that kind of money,both asking for and what was spent,I expected something better than what was done for the gauges.Stock would have looked better than that.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #8
shifty
Questionable

I must say I don't really like the gauge cluster either. Look at the glovebox, they put the metal layover on it too. Guess that's supposed to make it not-so-ugly? :P

What is the reserve price they've been asking for on eBay?

Old 03-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #9
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

I agree a stock setup with white overlays would have been 10x better.
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #10
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
I must say I don't really like the gauge cluster either. Look at the glovebox, they put the metal layover on it too. Guess that's supposed to make it not-so-ugly? :P

What is the reserve price they've been asking for on eBay?
I think it was around $70k. Have you seen the tailgate? It has a picture of some nascar driver and says something like "Racing with Jesus" or something creepy like that. Personally i think the tailgate makes the gauges look like a class touch and i think the gauges are terrible.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:10 PM   #11
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

I've seen this truck in person at several shows. It is extremely nice! Great details. The back window is linke modern vehicles without the trim around it. The owner put a bunch of money into it!

I thought his asking price was more in the $35 -40K range, but I don't remember exactly because I can't afford it anyway. It has a mural on the tailgate that probably isn't helping it sell much.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L

Last edited by bouncytruck; 03-10-2005 at 05:14 PM.
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #12
Dano69c10

Too FUFU!

It ain't yours, if you didn't build it!
Dano69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #13
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncytruck
I've seen this truck in person at several shows. It is extremely nice! Great details. The back window is linke modern vehicles without the trim around it. The owner put a bunch of money into it!

I thought his asking price was more in the $35 -40K range, but I don't remember exactly because I can't afford it anyway. It has a mural on the tailgate that probably isn't helping it sell much.

The back glass on that truck rules, one of the cooler mods ive seen.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:58 PM   #14
shifty
Questionable

Ddi he cut out the back of a 1999-up GMC or chevy and weld it into the cab, ir is it still the stock window opening for a '68?

I miss my '03 GMC Sierra. Had to get rid of it last year. All I have are memories... http://shifty.org/pics/truck/

Last edited by shifty; 03-10-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #15
C10 Club Tennessee

Here are some pics of it.

I had the ebay link saved in my favorites but deleted it. They were asking like $86 for several months back at that particular auction. It was ended for some reason.

The bad this the the redneck mural on the back of Dale. I didn't want that crap on my computer so I didn't save the pics of the rear.
Attached Images

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #16
C10 Club Tennessee

Here's some more

I like the flames so much that I took one these pics down the NADC and told them I wanted them to paint flames like these on my truck.
Attached Images

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:22 PM   #17
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

wow tough crowd.I wish mine looked half that good.Sure there are some things I'd do different,but still a beauty.
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:59 PM   #18
lofly'a

i agree, some things are not to my taste, but overall it a quality job. different tastes are what keeps us from being totally bored and mundane. can't imagine driving the exact same thing the other guy drives, and i could care less about stock.
-2003 YUKON (Wife's)
-71 gmc swb fleet (current project, gonna shave everything, bags, stuff w/ 20's, gen III powertrain)
-48 3100 SWB - 12/31/23 LONG TERM Project
lofly'a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #19
shifty
Questionable

Woah, I just noticed the exhaust. Look where the exhaust comes out.

I think that's illegal here in Georgia to pipe your exhaust out in front of the rear wheel (what a stupid law), but it looks sooo sweet.

Wonder if any of the local polic know about that one?

Old 03-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #20
chevy71super

I've seen it several times in shows around Seattle. One of the nicest I've seen, very nicely done truck and I don't mind the tribute to Dale. (Probably limits the market for the truck.) I believe Extreme Metal did the work. High priced shop, I heard the paint and body work was over $60K alone. That's the problem with restoring older vehicles, in 90% of the cases it costs way more to restore than what you can sell them for. That's why I will probably die with mine. My son can do what he wants with them after that.
chevy71super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #21
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
Woah, I just noticed the exhaust. Look where the exhaust comes out.

I think that's illegal here in Georgia to pipe your exhaust out in front of the rear wheel (what a stupid law), but it looks sooo sweet.

Wonder if any of the local polic know about that one?
Er, the pipes go out in front of my rear wheels stock on my Lightning. You sure it's illegal?
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:22 PM   #22
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiesys
Er, the pipes go out in front of my rear wheels stock on my Lightning. You sure it's illegal?
Yeah, it's illegal.....on a car. It has to exit beyond the passenger compartment of the vehicle.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #23
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
Yeah, it's illegal.....on a car. It has to exit beyond the passenger compartment of the vehicle.
Ah ok now I see, this makes sense then, you don't want exhaust leaking into the passenger area for a variety of reasons.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #24
shifty
Questionable

I knew there had to be a catch.
That sucks! I wanted to have something like that on my truck and I never got around to it.

Speaking of which, I almost do want to see the back of that guy's truck. I want to see some ideas of what people with stepsides are doing with their tail lights. I don't like the way my lights are.