The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2005, 01:59 AM   #1
N242MUCH

show truck

Ok,would like to buy a 67-72 4x4 show quality truck. where on the net or else where would i look. my 69 will be my every day ride. so help me locate a truck that is ready for the show. thanks scott
N242MUCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
see ten
WTB this ad

If you want a show truck the best place to look is probably a car/truck show. There are always guys trying to move something at shows and cruise-ins. The Chevy/GMC NATS are coming up in Pigeon Forge, there are always tons of trucks there for sale. You can always try Ebay or you can use the online version of the OLD CAR TRADER. If you search the trader you can put in your zip and how many miles from home you want travel, or you can search state, region or nationwide. If you are on this board you are already moving in the right direction, I think there is always someone who is selling or knows someone who is. If you have the kind of cash it will take to buy a show truck time is on your side. Look around and decide what you want and what you want to spend. Do you want a trailer queen or a really nice driver (older restoration)? Try to get a feel for what the trucks have SOLD for NOT what people are asking for them. Anyway good luck in your search , and no I don't want to sell the truck in my avatar.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #3
Mudder

Scott u dont say where u are from????? Theres a real nice fleetside on ebay over on the 4x4 forums. Price is up over 20,000 but is a very sweet truck. Lot of trucks listed on Ebay from time to time.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
TRUCKPOOR

A friend of mine has a groundup restored 72 3/4 4x4 that he wanted to sell awhile back. Truck is Med. Blu/ Wht., 4spd, AC, and new everything. Has won awards at SuperChevy. PM with a phone number if you would like more info. Thanks, Robert
TRUCKPOOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #5
N242MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by see ten
If you want a show truck the best place to look is probably a car/truck show. There are always guys trying to move something at shows and cruise-ins. The Chevy/GMC NATS are coming up in Pigeon Forge, there are always tons of trucks there for sale. You can always try Ebay or you can use the online version of the OLD CAR TRADER. If you search the trader you can put in your zip and how many miles from home you want travel, or you can search state, region or nationwide. If you are on this board you are already moving in the right direction, I think there is always someone who is selling or knows someone who is. If you have the kind of cash it will take to buy a show truck time is on your side. Look around and decide what you want and what you want to spend. Do you want a trailer queen or a really nice driver (older restoration)? Try to get a feel for what the trucks have SOLD for NOT what people are asking for them. Anyway good luck in your search , and no I don't want to sell the truck in my avatar.
See ten thanks for all the info. I have been to a lot of shows and seen trucks for sale but just now looking for a truck. and thought that getting one from a board member would be a safer bet than on e-bay. thank scott
Old 03-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #6
N242MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder67
Scott u dont say where u are from????? Theres a real nice fleetside on ebay over on the 4x4 forums. Price is up over 20,000 but is a very sweet truck. Lot of trucks listed on Ebay from time to time.
Mudder67, seen it. it is what i want but to pricey if you ask me. not to say it is not worth it. thanks scott
Old 03-13-2005, 08:27 PM   #7
N242MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKPOOR
A friend of mine has a groundup restored 72 3/4 4x4 that he wanted to sell awhile back. Truck is Med. Blu/ Wht., 4spd, AC, and new everything. Has won awards at SuperChevy. PM with a phone number if you would like more info. Thanks, Robert
pm sent
Old 03-13-2005, 11:35 PM   #8
N242MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder67
forgot to mention augusta, kansas.sorry about that mudder. scott
Old 03-14-2005, 02:16 PM   #9
shifty
Questionable

www.dealsonwheels.com

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #10
N242MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
shifty, thanks for the info. looking there now. thanks scott
Old 03-14-2005, 04:06 PM   #11
shifty
Questionable

Their site is kinda slow sometimes, but ... they always have lots of inventory and great project trucks too.

Here's a direct link to the 60-72 pickups area:

http://www.dealsonwheels.com/erasear...%2D72%20Trucks

I've really been wanting a 53-56 ford (those are the only good Ford vehicles ever made) and I've been scoping this place pretty hard for a good find.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #12
shifty
Questionable

I like this truck. Pretty damned nice shape:
http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/...-200503-000009

I saw a wicked show truck on there week before last - shaved, bagged, 22's on a '70-'72, custom fab interior, custom tailgate and paint and it was under $14k. Sweet blue color. I loved it!

Old 03-14-2005, 04:19 PM   #13
N242MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
I like this truck. Pretty damned nice shape:
http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/...-200503-000009

I saw a wicked show truck on there week before last - shaved, bagged, 22's on a '70-'72, custom fab interior, custom tailgate and paint and it was under $14k. Sweet blue color. I loved it!
shifty, I don't know about you but slow is not the word to use about deals on wheels. It is so slow that operation times out on my comp. can't get on to see the pic's. scott
Old 03-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #14
shifty
Questionable

LOL. Yeah, I've been having the same problem today. I dunno what's up. If you can put up with it, some people post some really nice rides on there. Maybe they don't sell so quick because people get sick of the site being so slow.

I found hitting the REFRESH button in my browser helps if it is taking more than 4-5 seconds to load a page/