The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
89blacksub
army slave

more problems

well it seems as though the front end is acting up now. me and a buddie were sitting in the truck at work and he wanted to see if the 4x4 would actually engage. so i put the tranny in nuetral and he shifted the lever to 4 hi and then i pulled forward a few feet then back to where i was. then we took it out of 4 hi and i reversed it for about 20 feet to make sure that the auto hubs ulocked. later i left work and started heading home. around 30 MPH the right side of the truck started making a sound almost like that made by a kid with a card in his bike spokes. it would stay that way till i stopped. and everytime i stopped there would be a thump-thump and i could feel the struck thumping. i figured maybe the hubs didnt come all the way unlocked but after revearsing for what had to be close to 200 total yards...the same situation. and the thumping when i stop only happens if i go past 30 and the noise starts up again. i dont know what to do...let me know what you think.

plans;
6 inch susp lift
36" tires on 15" rims
new all black paint
custom bumbers
misc engine mods until it goes, then drop in 454
nerf step bars
billet grill
89blacksub is offline   Reply With Quote