The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2005, 04:11 PM   #51
shifty
Questionable

Other shallow subwoofer options:

Xtant A1040A
Kicker Comp C10
Cerwin Vega HED-10DVC
Audiobahn AW1000Q
Audiobahn AW1051T
Alphasonik PSW210
Phoenix Digital PD-130
REaudio RE10
Adireaudio Koda 10
Image Dynamics ID10 v.3
Digital Designs 1010
Digital Designs 2010a

Here's a picture of the Pioneer, although I hate everything Pioneer makes ('cept their DVD burners): http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...401920,00.html

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:05 AM   #52
muddpile

Lemield, thanks for the pics! It's nice to see a few people who refuse to cut the dash and will sacrifice a bit of convenience. I know that's the route I'll go for (I hate cutting...).

Shifty, thanks for the list. I've actually looked into a couple of the subs on there. The Kicker Comps and Comp VR's are great shallow mount/small box subs. I looked into the pioneers, and they apparently aren't bad, but I think the Kickers are a better sub. I'm also thinking about a JL W1v2 (a little over 4" deep for a 10). A pair of Kicker compVR 8's would be cool too. Ultra shallow, tight bass and a small box. Plus I love 8's.
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:30 PM   #53
shifty
Questionable

Okay, here's the last one which was features in Truckin' mag -

Earthquake SWS : http://www.earthquakesound.com/SWS04.htm

They come in a 6.5", 8", 10", 12" and 15" and the 8's and 10's have a mounting depth of ~2"-2.5"

I've had a lot of luck with Eartquake's products in the past. Might give these a shot since I don't think JL audio is making shallow mount subs.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:20 AM   #54
muddpile

I completely forgot about those. Planet Audio make some too, which is another I just remembered. I'd have to hear those Earthquake ones before I bought em though, as they have a reputation of making loud ignorant products, for more SPL than SQ.
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:15 AM   #55
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddpile
I'd have to hear those Earthquake ones before I bought em though, as they have a reputation of making loud ignorant products, for more SPL than SQ.
My favorite!

Earthquake and MTX are kinda in the same boat in that regard.