The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2005, 10:00 AM   #26
jalste

Hey I´ve seen a dent like that one before done to my wifes car by a dumb a$$ with a bike rack on the suv (my opinion she should have stuck to bike ridding) hope it helps and bummer cause its a great paint job
jalste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:28 AM   #27
DTerry
'70 GMC C-25 LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69
I love these threads where somebody messes up and then everybody blames the cops.

These are my favorite.
Yeah me too! Cops suck.

And what the hell is this???
Quote:
for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain; he is the servant of God to execute his wrath on the wrongdoer.
Quote:
For all the Police Officers that bust their ass to save yours.
OK
350, vortec 305 heads. 10:1 comp, t5 trans. Street terrrorizer.
1988 Monte Carlo (Super Stock ashpalt race car)
My Truck
DTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:46 PM   #28
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68w/sbc406
tryin to get a new yardin buddy since i stood you up???
P.S. hope you dont mind traffic movin to beaverton, its bad out there
I'm a Digital Systems major and will be going to work for Intel once I graduate. I was just up their for a tour of Intel's Jones Farm campus and The traffic going home was crazy.

We are looking at property in Scapoose and in those areas to keep the commute down.

I hope to catch up with some of you Portland area board members once settled.

This is by no means a cop bashing thread. My late father was a Napa County Deputy and I have the utmost respect for most of them.

Unfortunately, I always seem to get the one that has a Napoleonic (little man) complex and wants to be an a$$.

I slept on it and feel better this morning. The new gate is here and I'm gonna go touch it up and spray it in a few.........

Peace
screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 04:39 PM   #29
C10 Club Tennessee

Hey Screamin-no problem, we're human you got to remember that too. Every job has there a$$holes and my profession is no different. It kind of like going to your local parts dealer. I think everybody here probably could agree there's always the one guy that gets us the wrong stuff and is lazy and doesn't care, and then there's the guy we wait in line for because he knows his stuff. If I had to guess since you can't prove it happen at Wally World and that you called from your house they are probably thinking insurance fraud.

These days we don't decide whose fault an accident is. We draw it up put down the information and the insurance compaines make the decision. I assume the insurance companies figured they were shelling out too much money on a cops word!

I'm not sure if your town is like mine, but if we don't get called to the scene of the accident then we don't do an ACTUAL accident report. We just do a basic report for Property Damage. Call their supervisor and explain that's all you want done. You got to understand that there are these retards out here who get in a small accident in the parking lot of a grocery store, don't call the police because they don't want it on their insurance and figure that they can get it fixed for under their deductable. Then later they find out that it's more damage then they realized and NOW they want an accident report for insurance purposes.

So that's probably what the cops were thinking. It's hard for us not to be cynnical. There's always law breaking idiots out there that ruin it for the rest of you who are. It's sometimes hard to step back and see it from a different perspective. I fight it everyday not to rush to judgement.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 04:41 PM   #30
C10 Club Tennessee

hey dterry-It's Romans 13:4

Good to know that it's a bible verse and you asked what is was in the way you did!

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:19 PM   #31
68w/sbc406
Got Light Emitting Diode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTerry
Yeah me too! Cops suck.

And what the hell is this???

OK
thats a bit rude, by his sig i can tell he is a cop. i wont rush out and judge that all cops are assholes, but they are out there. i have had cops pull me over, bs about my truck and let me off with a warrning, but then there were the ones that walk around and find every little thing wrong with it and try to stick it to you. by us saying all cops are assholes, then they are going to think that all people are criminals JMHO

'02 Chevy Silverado LT ext cab short bed 2WD 5/7 drop on 22's(the family car)

1993 Cherokee work ride/weekend wheeler
68w/sbc406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:27 PM   #32
JerseyGirl
American Woman!

That just sucks!!!!!!!!!! I would NEVER park mine at a Wal-mart..hell I wouldnt feel good leaving her parked on MY street....you can battle the insurance guys...but they will always win..or so it seems! That just stinks....
Old 03-19-2005, 09:19 PM   #33
Gary Lee
fixer of 72 GMC LWB

That stinks about your truck, sorry to hear it, and it hurts just to look at it!!!

Yellow 69, I know a cop or two... they usually get to see the worst in people and the worst people at their worst... Yeah they tend be cynical after a long day, but on the weekends they're awright fellas... My hats off to you dude, I couldn't do it!!! I wanna say thanks to all the Boys in Blue!!!

Gary
Gary Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:27 PM   #34
Blue Beard

Insurance is nothing more than a scam.

Recently got ripped off at the house, the check represented about 25% of value. And all this time I paid for Replacement Cost Insurance.
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:30 PM   #35
mr402

Screamin, I don't know how you feel about this but if my insurance company were giving me the run around I'd be telling everyone I could about who they are and how they treated me. Then I'd change my insurance to another one.

I had problems with State Farm about 15 years ago. When they refused to take care of my issue I left. I had 5 vehicles and my home insured with them as well as personal life insurance. I was PO'd and made certain to let everyone I could think of know about the problem I had. Now I'm glad I did. The company I'm with now has been very good to work with. The rates are a little higher but IMHO it has been well worth it. When I was rear ended 2 years ago they took care of everything for me.

Friend of mine now signs every email with a nasty about Cingular. Think I'll ever use them? Not a chance. So now eveyone that reads this post is warned about State Farm as well. So let us know, who should we avoid?
mr402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:44 PM   #36
byrd
Union Electrician

Best thing to do is not go to wal (china)mart and then there is no way your truck can get hit in their parking lot. I love the slogan "BRING IT HOME TO THE U.S.A." and there isn't 2% of the products in their store made in U.S.A. It's co. like these that have eroded the American manufacturing to the bleak and weak presence that it has in America.I WILL NOT STEP FOOT IN THAT PLACE!!! I will not partronize the very thing that is eating away at the very basic level of living standards we have worked so hard for over the past 75 years.Sorry for the rant .Just my .02 Randy
Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:58 PM   #37
mr402

Walmart quality suc#s. Last November I bought a few pairs of jeans. They're already wearing out. I haven't even gotten them greasy yet!! I hate that place and their politics. Try to start a union? They'll close the store. They beat their suppliers into submission then treat their employees like crap. Makes me wonder who the terrorists really are. My condolences to any Walmart employees. I suggest you try to get out while you can.

I refuse to step into their stores anymore.
mr402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 11:37 PM   #38
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

You are lucky you are not in Washington. Here you would get a ticket for no back bumper///same with rollpan.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:52 AM   #39
68w/sbc406

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr402
Walmart quality suc#s. Last November I bought a few pairs of jeans. They're already wearing out. I haven't even gotten them greasy yet!! I hate that place and their politics. Try to start a union? They'll close the store. They beat their suppliers into submission then treat their employees like crap. Makes me wonder who the terrorists really are. My condolences to any Walmart employees. I suggest you try to get out while you can.

I refuse to step into their stores anymore.
when a wall mart is being built, they will never use a union contractor. i am in the IBEW up here and there is some deep seated hate that is brewin in some people. i just dont go there cause all the ones around my house are GHETTO!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 10:14 AM   #40
DTerry
'70 GMC C-25 LWB

screamin_c10, yellow69, 68w/sbc406... PM sent.
350, vortec 305 heads. 10:1 comp, t5 trans. Street terrrorizer.
1988 Monte Carlo (Super Stock ashpalt race car)
My Truck
DTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:28 AM   #41
byrd
Union Electrician

68w I'm in the IBEW here in louisville Local #369
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
Old 03-20-2005, 11:29 AM   #42
COBRO

Thumbs up

Screaming what you need to do is get in contact with the Oregon state Insurance Commissioner with regards to the non help from your Ins.company - and let your insurance agent(not the claim flunky) know that you are going this route - they usually start crapping nails when they find this out as they dont want the commissioner looking into what they are doing. Ive done this many times and its worked every time. To 68w/sbc406 - Howdy brother from Lu.280 - Road trash rules!!!!!!!!!!:::::CB
COBRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:02 PM   #43
68w/sbc406

local 48 here baby, i should start a new thread to see how many of us are out there...

Old 03-20-2005, 12:10 PM   #44
Peregrine

People are jerks and pay no attention. This isn't that realted, but thought I'd tell y'all anywho. I was sitting in my truck waiting for a friend to meet me at a store. This lady in a early 90s F150 pulls up next to me and I think to myself "bet she hits my truck with her door" sure enough, open *bam*. I couldn't belive it. I open my door, stand on my door sill and say something to the effect of "thanks a lot for hitting my truck with your door" she gives me a blank stare and asks me what I'm talking about. "You just hit my truck when you opened your door. I don't appreciate it at all" Oh, I'm sorry "Yeah yeah, just be more careful and stop being ignorant to your surroundings"

This whole "I'm the only one on the planet" complex people are getting drives me NUTS!!! I'm so carful getting in and out or my car, parking in the middle of my spot, etc. oh, and I live right across the street from a school and parents park on the street. They especially like parking right across from the end of my driveway and use it to turn around. what is this ****? The all live in a uppity subdivision and think they own the place. I get a kick out of scarying the crap out of them while they sit in their cars and I back my tailgate right up to their car or drivers window and rev it to get their attention, they look and get all bug-eyed. I hate people.

Let the world change you and you will change the world.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:00 PM   #45
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

I hate people too!!.... wait a minute I'm people!?!?!

Oh God I hate myself??? ...What about my family??? ....There people too!!!

Ok I got it I hate most people. ...Thats better, now I feel better
Old 03-20-2005, 02:04 PM   #46
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Seriously though

I smoothed and primed the "new" gate yesterday. All thats left is to block it out and spray it. I'll tackle that today. Hopefully I'll have her good as new come Monday.

Thanx for all the ideas, opinions, and what not from you guys.......
Old 03-22-2005, 08:58 PM   #47
gunnersm8

you know thats my biggest fear after getting the pickup done and painted. if its any consolation, the sons-a-*****es that did it will pay later on. trust me on this one, im still paying for 15 years ago, and no end in sight...
gunnersm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #48
BraveDave

So "screamin' " was back against the curb? What do you think they used to bang up the tailgate like that? I hate to say this, but your truck is something most WalMart shoppers will never be fortunate enough to own. And we all know what happens to the "haves" when the "have-nots" get jealous.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:57 PM   #49
byrd
Union Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68w/sbc406
local 48 here baby, i should start a new thread to see how many of us are out there...

do that Randy
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-22-2005, 11:12 PM   #50
SuperCheyanne72
#1 OU Soonerfan

dude that really sucks, I would be kicking some ass!
SuperCheyanne72 is offline   Reply With Quote