The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Unhappy Things that make ya go What the F@#$!!!

I-5 is having some bridges replaced along the 30 mile route I take to school daily so I have been taking a scenic little backroad to school.

Monday morning: I slow down through the S turns coming into Wilbur ,a town of maybe 15, and notice a relatively clean Ochre colored '71 or '72 long bed Gmc sitting accross from the little store in a guy's yard. I had not seen it the day before and it would have been imossible to miss that color truck as it is sitting 15 feet from the road. I thought to myself " somebody got themselves a nice project there. and continued on to school.

Monday afternoon: I slowed way down and almost came to a stop to check her out. No obvious rust in the rockers, body's straight, paint is faded and the grandpa mirrors are as ugly as they were in 1972. Other than that this is one clean truck, even the grille was nice and shiny, and no obvious dents or damage.

Tuesday morning: I had to take a double take as I came out of the S turn and saw the truck sitting there with its hood off. The GMC grille that had been near perfect the day before was now holding the entire weight of the truck up as the new owner had suspended it from a lift to remove some parts from her underbelly. The grille had been ripped almost free from the radiator support and was pulling both fenders in. "Hope the friggin' cable snaps on him" I thought as I went by.

Tuesday afternoon: I had to run into town after school, but decided to go the longer way home so I could see what other evil acts had been performed. I pulled into the little store and parked my Toyota. I couldn't believe the "progress" this nim-rod had made. The entire front clip had been yarded off and was sitting about twenty feet away in the mud. The hood was leaning up against a tree. and the cab was laying upside down next to the gutted remains of her. The mud streaks on the cab showed it had been rolled off the frame onto the ground.

This morning: The cab has now been "rolled" (not on a dolly mind you, more like a snowball) a little further away and the entire front suspension was laying askew in its place. The greasy frame horns sat in a couple of jackstands. I'm still thinkin' "if this guy is gonna start a cab off restoration , he's goin' about it kinda bass-ackwards." I floored the Toyota and sped off to school.

This afternoon: A fresh coat of gloss black had been applied to the frame rails from the bed right up to where this idiot had blue-wrenched the frame off. Yep, an almost perfect GMC reduced to scrap-weight and a "wood" trailer.

This has got to be the ultimate insult for any pick-up. To top it off the moron drives an old beat to sh!t F@rd F-150. I hate seeing Old Chevy's destroyed like that, then made to be pulled around by another make.

I've got to go by the "crime scene" on my way to school tomorrow, I'll stop off and snap some pics of the carnage.
screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Get the cab and front clip if they are any good! If there is not much rust on them they can still be salvaged! Who knows...it might even have a tack dash in it and the guy would not care. If the cab, doors and front clip are any good, I would be interested.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:43 PM   #3
71-longbed
Its Magically Delicious

thats horrible !!!... another ochre one bites the dust ... such a shame

Of all my favorite things to do, The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend, with each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer so frosty, smooth, and cold it's paradise pure liquid gold.
Yes beer means many things to me that's all for now cus I gotta pee.
71-longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:49 PM   #4
Dusti
Not Dusti,just Bob

That sux,Being from Roseburg at one time I know that nobody from Wilbur has ever been accused of being too bright,I know how you feel,I found a very nice truck bed sitting besides a guys shop,I was going to stop and see if he wanted to sell it,I drove by a few days latter and he had smashed it flat with a backhoe
Bob W
Old 04-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
71-longbed
Its Magically Delicious

Thats his loss ... he could have made some money

Of all my favorite things to do, The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend, with each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer so frosty, smooth, and cold it's paradise pure liquid gold.
Yes beer means many things to me that's all for now cus I gotta pee.
71-longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti
Being from Roseburg at one time I know that nobody from Wilbur has ever been accused of being too bright,I know how you feel,
Bob W

screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

A neighbor cut a frame to make a trailer from I believe it was a 72. This one I had no problem with, though. The front of the frame was bent to hell from an accident and he had a extra bed sitting around. Now if he would ever get back to working on the truck he started years ago, I'd be happy. He's got all the cab rust repaired, it just needs to be prepared for paint. Anyway, yeah I'd be pissed too if I saw someone do something like that to a perfectly good truck.
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:19 PM   #8
CHEVIBUBBA
got boost?

wonder what he's gonna do about"CHEVROLET" across the tailgate?
he'll get his.that ford will never last long enough to become a trailer.
CHEVIBUBBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:59 PM   #9
CraigS

But it did last longer than the Chevrolet...............
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #10
Dick Dale
Excelsior, You Fathead.

I would have made him an even trade with all the cab rust I have. If it was clean I would have even let him keepp the motor and trans. He doesn't need it for a trailer.
Dick Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:41 PM   #11
Touch_Of_Madness
FORMER MEMBER

Every single one of these trucks was purchased and driven home from the dealership either off the lot or custom ordered. The first owner being very proud of his purchase.

The term "the old man with the old truck" stems from that as they liked their trucks so much they didn't want to part with them.

Only an auto enthusiast empathizes with the vehicle. And all auto enthusiasts would drool at finding a 30's 40's 50's 60's and now even 70's vintage pickup (or car) in mint condition sitting in a garage somewhere on jack stands with no milage as if the vehicle had been driven to the dealership and parked since its purchase.

Why?

To most people a car or a pickup is transportation. To an auto enthusiast a car or pickup is not just transportation but an expression of themselves as well as a rolling work of art from the factory - that they happen to add too (personalize) and enjoy.

Try driving a picture of the Monalisa. . .

Screamin_C10? The hatchet man that attacked that GMC needs to be jailed for defacing art. . .
Touch_Of_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote