The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2005, 10:16 AM   #1
hotrodmtodd
'Burban Legend

Big Block Bellcrank Bracket

That's alot of B's. I have a '71 GMC Camper Special,402, originally 3 on tree, changed to TH400. I am in the process of changing over to 4-speed. My? is, does anybody reproduce the bracket that bolts to the engine that moves the pivot ball forward 1 1/4 inches for truck applications. I also have a '70 C30 with a 350 that has a similar bracket, but small blocks do not have the oil sender next to the car pivot ball hole that big blocks do, so I can't use a small block bracket because of clearance problems with the sender. They both share the same measurements, 5 1/8 center to center, with the pivot ball 1 1/4" forward of the aft hole. It may be the same bracket, you may just have to shim it for big blocks. I am in the process of fabricating a bracket from a spare AC bracket that I will attach a pivot ball to, but if I could get the proper bracket I would feel better about it. If anyone has one or knows who sells them I would be much obliged. Thanks, Hot Rod.
hotrodmtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:58 AM   #2
4x4Poet

I've read other posts that say 73up BBC clutch z-bar setups works in our trucks. I can't remember if it was for 2wd, 4x4, or either.

ttt for better expertise.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
hotrodmtodd
'Burban Legend

Ah Yes, Big Sky and Bigger Micro-Brews

Thanks Montana Man,

I'm probably the only human ever to legally drive an Air Force bread van over 100 MPH. There was only one bad beer too, Buzzards Breath. I'll never have to kiss any buzzards to find out for sure, whew! Please tell me you don't have any daughters in Helena. I'm not sure about later models because all the bellhousings that I have from 73 and up actually have the pivot ball right in them instead of the block. I am probably going to have to take some pictures of the sb bracket and post them to give people some idea what I need. The fabbed one turned out so nice, I may just go with IT. Finding big-block/4-speed set ups still intact is pretty unheard of around here so I hope the forum guys and gals will come to my rescue. Thanks again my friend, Hot Rod
hotrodmtodd is offline   Reply With Quote