The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2005, 09:14 PM   #26
modifiedGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted75 half ton
I'll let you know,but doubt it as I don't have anything that they would fit in.
Do like I've done on big stuff, I've took two boxes and cut them to fit the item and tape them REAL good. I've shipped some odd looking boxes before. Headers would be easy to box up.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #27
ScottH

Rusted, I'm in no hurry so if you should come across something to package them in some point in the future keep me in mind.

thanks.
ScottH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #28
Cethern
What was I thinking??

What happend to your ride? Something bad I take it...
Old 04-27-2005, 06:59 PM   #29
rusted75 half ton
More trusty Less rusty

It's very anoying.Was cruising down kipling turned on A/C then died instantly.Got it started drove up the hill,died again.Started up an drove home.Went around the neighborhood at night and noticed everytime I turned on A/C or lights it dies then I couldn't get it started so towed it back with my other truck.Checked tank,no rust,changed fuel filter,turned it over with fuel line disconected and pumped fine.Put back together started right up did everything I did before with no problems,drove it too storage parking.The next day I go over ,it fires up as it's warming up it cuts out cant get it started.Then I notice fuel leaking from carb to intake gasket,figure while I have it off to get the carb rebuilt.Put it back on and still won't fire off.Thats where I left off could be something simple but haven't had time in a while to check everything.Boy was that a mouthfull!!!!Hopefully you have a better time with the bed swap.Is the utillity bed on your GMC all steel?
rusted75 half ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:44 PM   #30
Cethern
What was I thinking??

If I was in town more I would give you a hand getting running again....It sounds to be Electrical try looking for a short are you still running points or a HEI? what type of Alt are you using internal or External reg?

As for the bed swap..I need a place for this to happen and some way to lift the two beds. I had thought of renting two eng hoists. But I need to get some wire-ing for the tail lights and the tail lights as well. I missed out on a step bumper in the Springs..I think you got that didn't you?..lol
The Utillity bed is all steel and not in bad shape I stoped by the Shoebox( that emission place on Colfax) the other day and that guy said a buddy of his mite have a use for it. Maybe I can find someone that would have use for it.

When I left town Tuesday I saw a Shortbed with a utillity bed and shortbox on top of it just like I have mine sitting right now...That could be for sale not sure yet..and I'm not sure if it was a 2wd or a 4wd...I'm guess a 4wd but I didn't get a good look at it. I'm also working on getting a Baja Bug for Daly driving when I'm home. it has not moved in two yrs that I know of the guy that has it got it in some trade and he has never used it... Maybe then I could put some of the parts I have laying around on Blue and Ol'Yeller. ..

Eric
Old 04-27-2005, 07:49 PM   #31
greenhorn male

Thumbs up

Received lenses...Thanks!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:09 PM   #32
rusted75 half ton
More trusty Less rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH
Rusted, I'm in no hurry so if you should come across something to package them in some point in the future keep me in mind.

thanks.
I'll keep an eye out.

Hey Eric,Truck has HEI and pretty sure is externaly regulated.I'll have to check out the elec system thouroughly somtime.Gotta finish getting parts of the C-10 first.I was wondering if you were going to sell the utility bed beacause the bed on my K-10 is ruff and needs replacing.But if it's an older one it might be a bit of weight to haul around,thought all the locker boxes would be handy though!!I guess it might not even mate to the later style frame.It sucks not having space to do stuff,I live in an apartment and need to finish getting what I want off the C-10 before the plates expire,and I get tickets.I always wondered if someone would be willing to rent land on a farm or acreage to do something like that.Hey I doubt it but I'll take a look to see if I have anymore taillight stuff for ya.If you ever need an extra hand for the bed swap definetly let me know,never done something like that.Don't know if GMC is that much different but if you don't have an overhaul manual I have one for A 71' Chevy you could have or borrow.P/O of the 69' had a 71'Longhorn that got totalled so don't have a need for it.

Jon
rusted75 half ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:23 PM   #33
Cethern
What was I thinking??

Hi Jon
Seeing how the truck has a HEI I would start looking there the Pickup coil would be a good guess.
I know what you mean about the Appt life...lol Before My health problem early in the year where I lost my job and had to sell off a few things I had a ok job running in town and had use of a good shop. I worked out the health deal for now but it was a good scare. Anyway I'm back OTR and just don't get the time to do some of the thing that need to get done..lol
The bed thats on Ol'Yeller right now is in good shape for being 30+ yrs old yes it is heavy.
If you want to stop by and see it I have it parked off of Pecos and 64th on the north side
I drive for Navajo they have a new shop there. I'm PM you my number.
As for the bed swap it should go ok I'll soak the bolts good and see how it goes..lol

Eric