The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #1
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

those with 20's - suspension questions

What front and rear drop do you have?
What tire and wheel size (width and backspacing) are you running?
Anyone using the Nitto tires?

Thanks in advance!
Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
GreyHoundSteve

I have a 4" drop on the front of my truck and am running 20x8.5 with 5 1/4 bs and 265/45/20 Toyos and i think they look pretty good. Cant help you on the back because i have 22's. Sorry, no pics yet.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
'70_402

hey grey, you got any pics of your truck?
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHoundSteve
I have a 4" drop on the front of my truck and am running 20x8.5 with 5 1/4 bs and 265/45/20 Toyos and i think they look pretty good. Cant help you on the back because i have 22's. Sorry, no pics yet.
How wide are the 22's and what is the backspacing on them?
Any rubbing on the front or rear?
Old 05-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70'_402
hey grey, you got any pics of your truck?
I have some progress pics ive been saving but i dont want to show them just yet. The truck has come a LOOOOOOOONG way but it still has a ways to go. Im going to do a full write up and post dozens of pic's when its done but im still a few months out from being there. I will probably have the body done in the next 2 months and then i will post some pics. Right now its only half together and since ive waited this long i figure i'll just wait until its finished to show it off. Ive done some pretty wild things with it. I think some of them came off good and a few of them i probably wouldnt do again but i guess thats half the fun of building a custom.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #6
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church
How wide are the 22's and what is the backspacing on them?
Any rubbing on the front or rear?
The front fits great and i have about 3 inches of wheel gap between the tire and fender (just a guess).

The back is another story. The rims are 22x9.5 with 5.62 bs and they dont fit right. They rub the wheel wells so im having wheel adapters made to space them out so they fit. They are about 1.5" in too far. 22's look HUGE with a 6" rear drop. They tuck nice and look pretty good but they might look too big for most peoples taste. Once i put the adapters on they should fit nicely though.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
'70_402

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHoundSteve
I have some progress pics ive been saving but i dont want to show them just yet. The truck has come a LOOOOOOOONG way but it still has a ways to go. Im going to do a full write up and post dozens of pic's when its done but im still a few months out from being there. I will probably have the body done in the next 2 months and then i will post some pics. Right now its only half together and since ive waited this long i figure i'll just wait until its finished to show it off. Ive done some pretty wild things with it. I think some of them came off good and a few of them i probably wouldnt do again but i guess thats half the fun of building a custom.

MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT THREAD... IT IS GOING TO BE ONE TO KEEP BOOKMARKED. I AM PREDICTING 100 REPLYS OR MORE......
'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #8
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70'_402
MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT THREAD... IT IS GOING TO BE ONE TO KEEP BOOKMARKED. I AM PREDICTING 100 REPLYS OR MORE......
Its a pretty wild truck that went from being a long term project to being a bank breaking one. I started in back in October and took it down to the frame and have repaired or replaced every part that wasnt perfect. I used ALLOT of late model parts and tried to update it where ever possible. Each time i added something new it made me go back and rethink other things i had done and so the deadline for completing it kept getting pushed back further and further. The hardest part has been all of the fabrication work. I wanted to build a truck that stood out from the rest and i think ive done that. The body should be done within the next two months and i'll post pics then. The interior wont be done for awhile but it will be the best feature of the truck and IMO will be a real show stopper. I have had every panel inside the truck custom made from molded plastic and fiberglass casts and the gauge cluster was made out of Avonite which is a solid surface material similar to Corian. The guys doing my interior do luxury aviation interiors for a living so it is nothing short of spectacular but its a long way from being finished because it all takes so much time to do and they are working on it between projects at work. I will probably have to sell the truck almost immediately after its finished to try and recover some of the costs but it has been a blast building it and i cant wait to show it off and tell the story of the build.