The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2005, 06:35 PM   #26
rusted75 half ton
More trusty Less rusty

I agree with jamis at least they are still around,but right around the corner there is a mint early,early 70's monte that I passed every day for over two years.Never moved and tires were getting low.Then late last year I saw him driving it in the rain/snow.Sad part is it got covered in dirt and salt never got washed and still sits there filthy now I can see spots of rust forming on the trim rings and ralleys.I can see not having enough money to get it running but can't cost much to wash it,you could see yourself in the paint now it's starting to look like crap Then again he has a couple ford trucks so that could explain it
rusted75 half ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:04 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

That`s what bugs me.I see these people driving GTOs,55s,etc.after a snow when the roads are wet with melt-off laiden with salt/chemicals.Don`t they even know the only reason the survived all these years is because they were babyed,garage-kept,and kept out of the salt!Or,it came from a place where it is dry/no salt.Or had extensive panel replacement/body work to make it the beauty it now is.Some people have more money than sence.If they had been the original owners,they`d be the reason these vehicles are rare and expensive.In the early-80s you could buy a 60s Muscle Car for a couple grand and just run it/repair it.They were in the just an older car/not yet a classic caragory.Then the interest grew and the price has gone up,up,and up.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:20 AM   #28
crosby

That's right. At least it's on concrete. Here in NH, if you park on soil, rumor has it the acidity in the soil will rot them away like you wouldn't believe. I have four kids and a new house, that needs walls painted (inside) and a lawn grown, etc., plus my wife works at the emergency room 3 to 11, so my time is very short. I have a 98 GMC K2500 Suburban that has sat in my driveway for a couple of months. It cost me less to buy another minivan than for my wife to continue driving that, so it may become my toy/tow rig/plow truck if I can't at least what I owe on it. I really want a 69 Camaro convertible, and I probably will spend 10 to 20 years putting it back together. Oh well, it's the dream that keeps us going!
crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #29
67-Cowboy

Keeping the Dream Alive !!!

OK, I admit it I'm Guilty. My '67 has set in a trailer for a year, but it's not all my fault. The Nazi I have for a landlord wont even let me work on it, even on the trailer. It's kinda like when I lived in Santa Monica and almost got evicted because I changed the oil in my '76 C3500 454/400 3+3. From the reaction I got, you would think I was down in the parking garage building a bomb. I took my fiance's father to the car show and swap meet last week end and I hope I gave him the fever, he looked awfully hard at a '40 f100 basket case. So in time maybe I'll have a few oil stains in his garage !!!
Go ask his price it wont hurt that bad !
67-Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #30
blazerparts
No,I DON'T have Tourett's

My mom has a '68 chevy longhorn camper special they ordered and bought new. It has 55k miles on it and is always garaged. Not a spec of rust, all original. But it just sits in the garage, maybe gets driven a couple times a year. She has probably put 3 batteries, 2 sets of tires, and 200 miles on it in the last 20 years. She always asks me if she should put high mileage guarantee Michelins on it.........chuckle. The carb needs rebuilding every year or so and I'm sure the gas tank is rusting up pretty well. I ask her every year or so if she wants to sell it, but she replies "it's going to be worth money someday."
blazerparts is offline   Reply With Quote