The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2005, 09:11 AM   #26
1986Silverado
What I drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl
how do you think WE ALL are paying for this stinking Iraq B.S.? the congress just OKed 86 billion more of our tax money to go to Iraq. impeach Bush and his gang and pull out of Iraq and the economy should improve. but all you voters from the redneck bible belt re elected him so....
Kerry wouldn't have been any better, if not worse! ............redneck and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way gas is down to 1.91..........down 4 cents in 3 days.

Last edited by 1986Silverado; 05-12-2005 at 09:42 AM.
1986Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:29 AM   #27
alpha_male0203
95 extended cab sportside

Gas is only around 1.98. Lowest that i have seen like 4 years ago was .99.
Highest seen is around 2.24

95 Chevy k 1500
00 Chevy Silverado 1500
07 cobalt Old ladies car]
alpha_male0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #28
cobb_ben

Don't Get ME started KARL

Oh don't even get me started KARL, you don't know how it is!!!! Kerry was a total two faced liar.
cobb_ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #29
cobb_ben

Don't even call people all you voters from the redneck bible belt re elected him so....
so if you have a problem with what your calling rednecks you might have a problem with quite a few people on here so just chill. Sorry to rant guys.
cobb_ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:42 AM   #30
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

I'm from Kentucky and I voted for Kerry. I guess you can call me a redneck. But no use fighting over this. He is in there for the 4 more years and we just have to put up with it. At least I know I did not vote for him. I really Wanted Martin Sheen to run. ha. Kerry did have his pros and cons. I am not impressed with Bush. My openion. I saw a picture I wish I could post on here. It was of a man that cut off the front of his car but left the wheels and half the top and sat in the back seat and hooked a horse to pull the car and the caption said: "Had enough of these high gas prices"!!

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:04 AM   #31
bigarmzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86swb
I'm from Kentucky and I voted for Kerry. I guess you can call me a redneck. But no use fighting over this. He is in there for the 4 more years and we just have to put up with it. At least I know I did not vote for him. I really Wanted Martin Sheen to run. ha. Kerry did have his pros and cons. I am not impressed with Bush. My openion. I saw a picture I wish I could post on here. It was of a man that cut off the front of his car but left the wheels and half the top and sat in the back seat and hooked a horse to pull the car and the caption said: "Had enough of these high gas prices"!!

i didnt like either of the two of them (kerry/bush)....i thought they were both freakin crooks

ya know what sucks?...there's always like just two main candidates....1 republican and 1 democrat......but, what if you dont like either of them?...i mean you "could" vote for a lesser known candidate, but ya know you'd be waisting your time

sorry to rant....i just hate politicians/legal crooks

Last edited by bigarmzz; 05-12-2005 at 11:05 AM.
bigarmzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:10 AM   #32
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

You hit the nail right on the head there.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:25 PM   #33
loblazer

You guys are lucky down south. In Ontario Canada we are paying .89 a litre which is about $3.50 a gallon. I drive my Blazer to work a lot less now.
loblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #34
jesse977

Thanks alot BU$H
jesse977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #35
1986Silverado
What I drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse977
Thanks alot BU$H
Bush has nothing to do with stock prices of a barrel of oil. Supply and demand does, thus the more we use the more gas will be. Another reason is because the freakin tree huggers won't let us build any refineries here in the US. So it would be the same no matter who is in office! Blame it on the enviromentalist.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #36
75-K5
Bucket of Bolts

I got gas for $1.95 on Tuesday but yesterday it jumped to $2.19.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #37
elvis50138

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986Silverado
Bush has nothing to do with stock prices of a barrel of oil. Supply and demand does, thus the more we use the more gas will be. Another reason is because the freakin tree huggers won't let us build any refineries here in the US. So it would be the same no matter who is in office! Blame it on the enviromentalist.
Ditto. Gas prices have nothing to do with who is president. It's all supply and demand. OPEC chokes production = supply goes down = demand goes up = price goes up. More and more Americans drive less economical vehicles = demand for gas goes up = price goes up. U.S. refineries are maxed out in their production, they can't produce anymore than they are already = supply cannot increase yet demand is increasing = price goes up. The US cannot build anymore refineries due to EPA restrictions because of all the "world is dieing" stuff from the tree-huggers. All these things together results in the huge price increase we've seen in gas. Other factors include the 2nd largest supplier of crude to the US (Nicaragua) being in the middle of a civil war and the oil workers there going on strike. Also, if you figure the cost of gas say 20, 30, 40 years ago and readjust for inflation over that time period the current prices are actually a bargain. Prices should have been going up over that time but have stayed relatively stable while the average income has increased at a much higher rate over that time. Don't get me wrong I'm not ranting against these gas guzzlers... I luv 'em and will keep paying for gas for 'em as it continues to go up. Just wanted to agree that it has nothing to do with the president.
elvis50138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #38
C&C Chevy

Paid $1.95 for 87 this morning, here in central Oklahoma.

Current:
1986 SWB Silverado 4.3 / TH400

Past:
1985 SWB Silverado 305 / TH350 - sold 1995
1987 1/2 ton Silverado - FI 350 / 700R4 sold 2007
C&C Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #39
zapata

well I am in the army my wife is in the army my best friend is in the army and 4 of my cousens are in also and we think that it is a good thing that we are over there do you think we should back down well we dont and even if they say ok we are out then it well still take us 2 to3 years to get back
zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:07 AM   #40
jesse977

BUSH+WAR = high gas prices..simple as that guys
jesse977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:39 AM   #41
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

This is Bushes war. I support the troops and no we can not leave till it is now safe for the people to take care of their own country. I am a Viet Nam vet and I did not believe in that war. We lost all those men in Viet Nam and for what? They (the Viet Cong) got what they wanted but it just took them a lot longer at our expence. Too many people make money off of wars and that (in my openion) is what made the war last so long. I was in the Army First Infertry Division (Big Red One) and I seen a lot of good men get killed. I was one of the lucky ones who made it back. I just think Bush jumped the gun going over there and wanted to finish what his Dad did not. But now that we are there we have to finish what he started. Everbody has a right to their own openion and this is mine. Being in war, I hate war. You would to if you seen what I saw. So support our troops. They need it. Take it from someone who has been in the same type of war where you do not know where your enemy is with no front lines and the guy you pass on a street could have a bomb on him or in a car. I do not know for sure why gas prices are so high but I do know about war. I still feel the effects of being in one. I pray for our men every day. (opps) and women. This is just me.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #42
75stepside
*Proud Member*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86swb
This is Bushes war....
If you haven't alread, Fahrenheit 911 is a must see movie!
75stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #43
screwballl
Tonawanda 454

yes if there was ever a bigger lie wrapped in propaganda within a movie, F9/11 is it.

The reason for high gas prices? The number of very important Americans killed in Saudi by the taliban and other terrorists has gotten to the point they had to cut back production since no one could do the job of those killed.... until these men are replaced gas prices will remain high. Of course not many men of that caliber are stupid enough to put themsleves in that position so it may take awhile. It has nothing to do with Bush or the war or any other lie/propaganda you may have heard. this is a continuation of the financial attack on us by the Al Qaeda that started with the first attack on the WTC many years ago when a UHaul blew up underneath them. Then the planes and now they take out specific targets making our economy strain due to gas prices.
Sorry but i am tired of people believeing these lies that Bush or the conflict in Iraq is to blame. what will they say when large amounts of Iraqi oil begins to power our 454's? I will welcome that day because gas should go to 99ยข a gallon.
ok rant over, place the blame where needed based on truth not lies.
-------------------
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote