The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
muddpile

Painted interior not matching body?

Has anyone ever done this? My question may not be that clear, so I'll explain myself. I was thinking it would be kinda unique to paint all the metal in the cab of my truck (Inner doors, kicks, inner roof, dash, etc) black to match the door panels and seat. The truck is bright orange, and I figured it would be a neat idea to paint the whole interior black, kinda modernize it. It wil get 72 plastic door panels, and a seat with black and white houndstooth inserts. Any opinions, or better yet, pics of what I was thinking?
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:46 AM   #2
R@nger
Psalm 23

Sounds really cool. I'm doing something very similar. I'm painting my truck black and I'm painting the inside black and red. I'll also hopefully be putting in red leds for my instrument panel. I think it will turn out pretty cool.

Do you have a pic of your truck?

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:56 AM   #3
Brewski*

My burb has a vermillion interior and the exterior is white. My truck has a black interior except the doors and the exterior is red.
Brewski* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #4
70c10
67-72 Addict!

I posted this request about a week ago. I am doing this with my 71'. The interior will be charcoal gray with a Torch Red exterior. Should be done in a few weeks. Mocwon has done this to his truck.

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #5
RED71CHEVY

Color..............

THAT IS THE SAME THAT MINE HAS BEEN PAINTED FOR ABOUT 6 YRS, I WAS WANTING TO PAINT THE ENGINE BY GREY ALSO....WHAT DO YALL THINK, AND PUT THE GREY 'RHINO LINNER ' IN THE BED.
'71 CUSTOM C-10 torch red ,350 roller GM crate,3.73 GEARS, REAR 4"DROP SPRING, FRONT 2.5" DROP SPINDLE-1.5"lower spring, FRONT=17x8(4.5bs) W/265-60-17, BACK=17x9.5 (5bs)W/285-60-17, Vintage Air Sure Fit AC------NEVER ENDING PROJECT!!
RED71CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:59 PM   #6
muddpile

Thanks for the suggestions and help so far guys! I think I am going to do this, make my truck a little more modern inside. Don't get me wrong, I like the body colored inside on a restored truck, but my truck is going a bit more in the direction of custom than restored and I feel an all black interior will set it apart from the crowd and give it a little more modern class. I figure an orange truck with a black interior and black/white houndstooth inserts on the seats will look pretty cool, similar to an old muscle car, which is kinda the theme I'm going for.

One thing I'm still curious about, however, is where do I make the transition from black to orange on the doors? Where the weatherstrip touches the door or somewhere else?

Also, does anyone have any pictures of an all black interior, with a houndstooth seat would be even better. Thanks!

Last edited by muddpile; 05-17-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:50 PM   #7
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddpile
Thanks for the suggestions and help so far guys! I think I am going to do this, make my truck a little more modern inside. Don't get me wrong, I like the body colored inside on a restored truck, but my truck is going a bit more in the direction of custom than restored and I feel an all black interior will set it apart from the crowd and give it a little more modern class. I figure an orange truck with a black interior and black/white houndstooth inserts on the seats will look pretty cool, similar to an old muscle car, which is kinda the theme I'm going for.

One thing I'm still curious about, however, is where do I make the transition from black to orange on the doors? Where the weatherstrip touches the door or somewhere else?

Also, does anyone have any pictures of an all black interior, with a houndstooth seat would be even better. Thanks!
I don't have any pictures of it but we broke the color just on the inside door edge all the way around the door so you don't see any of the outside color when door is closed. This leaves about 3/8" of the inside color visible on the door perimeter when opened.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:11 PM   #8
StingRay

I've seen 67's that came a different color on the inside from the factory.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:17 PM   #9
muddpile

Thanks Mocwon. That sounds like a good way to do it. What did everyone use for a sheen on the interior pieces? Just a gloss like everything else on the truck would be?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:45 PM   #10
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddpile
Thanks Mocwon. That sounds like a good way to do it. What did everyone use for a sheen on the interior pieces? Just a gloss like everything else on the truck would be?
Base-coat clear-coat on the entire interior except the top of the dash which was was color with hardener and clear mixed together to produce a much duller finish. Did this to eliminate glare from the sun.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:01 PM   #11
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Screamin' was supposed to have white racing stripes, to help offset the white interior paint, but I decided against it.

I don't think it looks too off to have a different color interior paint color, as long as the colors break right.

Heres a "two-tone" interior pic:
screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote