The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
Hunter
Lovin' Arizona Since 1961

Cruising the Neighborhood, Found a '72 C65 For Sale

It has Coors logos on it, needs work, cabover, gasoline power. Single rear axle with mongo dually's on it. Power is a 366 big block. Anybody know anything about these engines? There's no bed on it, the beer transport box was removed and put on another truck when this one was retired probably. Would make a MONSTER flatbed. I'll get some images next time I drive by it. The sign says $3200 but its been there awhile. Anybody want info? Original Arizona Coors truck! H.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
chevyfarmer

Cool! the 366 is a big block v-8 motor that GM used in heavy duty applications like the c-65. It was pretty common in school busses in our area but most of them are diesel now. I have a 366 that runs on propane in a c-70 grain truck on the farm. A huge PITA best describes it, i would much rather have the gas. If you could post a pic that would be great.
72 2wd Blazer project 454 5 speed
chevyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #3
Russell
Professional Grade

366 big block will move anything, but not quickly by any means. Our school's bus has one, and I've fixed it more than a couple times -- But it also has half a million miles on the clock. Usually a problem with the dizzy, a coolant leak, or some accessory going south. I've never heard of it having any mechanical work.

The thing is a real dog though, barely gets that poor bus moving. I tried to convince the school to let us in the mechanics class soup it up, but they said no