The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-12-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

the what did you get done thread

its almost nine my time ( EST) so i figured id start this week sorry if i stepped on toes but what did you all get done? i did nothing on my truck just worked on a friends geo that needed struts axels and brakes on front and what a hoor show it was so old and all it took alot of work thank god i had air tools now if i had a lift ... lol
today i hunted down the hub for the back of the caravan tomorow i get that and ill throw it together now if i could sell the chevy truck id be in good shape lol what did yall get done?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
Grande Rojo
paper or plastic?

got part of my stepside bed painted
Grande Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10
its almost nine my time ( EST) so i figured id start this week sorry if i stepped on toes but what did you all get done?
Sorry guys, it's been a long day. I had friends in town for the weekend, then lots to get done after they left. Hope y'all had a productive weekend....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:01 AM   #4
ureckme
ureckmefixit2@cox.net

I got back from my little vacation hehe!. I got my A/C working, and burned the rubber off 1 of my tires. Matt
Crower Custom Grind .462in .486ex
Dyno Test 422hp @ 5600
And it's got a Holley
3.73 Gears
12 Bolt 3.73 w/Posi
700R4 Going In
I'm a Body Man So There!
That's why it's not painted
ureckme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:19 AM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureckme
I got back from my little vacation hehe!.

welcome back
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:22 AM   #6
Justins76
OutOfMyMind & I'llNeverKnowWhy

Replaced my broken grill with a used (new to me) one I painted a few days ago.
1992 Pontiac Firebird T-Top 5.0L TBI 700R4
My cardomain page

I don't like to save, it's more fun to spend!!

Last edited by Justins76; 06-13-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Justins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:55 AM   #7
87 Shortwide

I didn't accomplish much this weekend

Finished the rear body wiring on a '56 delray that I'm wiring for a guy
homework
homework
homework

Project: 87 GMC shortwide, About to get a little boost
87 Shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:01 AM   #8
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

busy busy busy...

helped my sisters boyfriend install a set of speakers in his car Friday night, then came home and finished putting the brakes on my 91 back together.

Saturday went and picked up my Caprice, and delivered the 91. test drove an SSR, and a Cobalt SS (my buddy works at a dealership, so tire kicking was cool with the sales people). i must say, the Cobalt SS is a pretty impressive little piece of machinery. came home and unloaded the Caprice, did some serious inspecting and plans for the buildup/teardown (whichever you prefer). put back a few adult beverages with the boys.

today, i put brakes on my sister's Grand Am... my '93... and my cousin's '98 Sonoma. if i ever have to pull a caliper again, i'll scream.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:12 AM   #9
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

Yeah, I went up to my aunt and uncles witht the family this weekend. Finally got a decent starter for my '79 and going to put it on tommorrow if it does not rain. Getting ready to polish up my 35" M/T's and get 2 more used ones and get my Blazer up and going again. Other then that that was about what I did all weekend.
-Later
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:25 AM   #10
mingoman

My weekend starts today. I got the shop wired last week so today I get to dig a trench from my meter box to the shop so I'll have power. Can't wait to turn a fan on out there. Have to climb my tower also to fix some damage done to my antenna by ice last winter
Old 06-13-2005, 09:55 AM   #11
86 GMG

mowed the yard fri night, worked on sat morning maid a delivery to a customer about 60miles away, went to the flea market didnt see a darn thing worth having sat afternoon helped a friend put some interior parts in his 85 chevy that he bought off of me and i then ot a tube grill and a wing window from him. sat night went to a block party of another friend got to feeling pretty good my wife on the other hand was trashed that was great. sunday another friend and i put outdoor carpet on the front porch and then went to my in-laws to shoot guns and had a blast sunday night had dinner with some other friends and after eating and letting the stomach settle we cleaned my nine mill after shooting sunday morning. so basically i goofed off a lot had fun and just relaxed didnt do any hard work this weekend and it was really nice.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:09 AM   #12
454HO

I bought a Dewalt electric DA sander and started in on my firewall. Found some rust I didn't know I had.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #13
Prerunner1982

Fri, me and the wife babysat until 4am..
Sat, cleaned house because wife's grandmother was coming to stay the night..
Sun, worked 13+ hours and enjoyed some storms... again.. had to ford a watercrossing on the way home.. wasnt too bad, only came to the bottom of my door..
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #14
beaterC10

I may have solved the rust problem on my stepper by finding a complete rustfree LWB C20 for cheap.
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:58 PM   #15
andrew king

well lets see went up to stockton to race sat night. On the way home sunday pulled off in bekersfield to get some burgers and Get on the highway to go to EDOG'S house in Santa Maria and was hit by a old guy in a cadillac and completely totalled ourYukon. Airbag popped ripped the front end out of the truck and bent the body so bad that the two front doors wouldnt even open we ended up on the front lawn of a SONIC Burger. After a trip in the ambulance with my 4 year old little girl and wife they turned out to be ok. THANK GOD !!! I was good to go walked out of the hospital and theres the guy that hit us in the parking lot with his wife.... He found out from the cop we were a 175 miles from home and came to the hospital to check on us he was really upset. So anyways this guy walks in puts the hospital bill and the ambulance ride on his credit card and tells the hospital if there are any other bills send them to him.... It gets better I explain to him that I have great medical insurance and that he doesnt have to do it but he insists.. So he tgoes on and on about how sorry he is and asked is my truck payed for I explained that I owed one more payment while he's giving me a ride to the rental car place and he pulls into the Chevrolet dealership and says its his cousins and he is meeting us down there he gives me $10,000 dollars trade in on my totalled truck and puts me in a brand new lifted avalanche fully loaded for less payments than I was making before....AMAZING It sure is good to know there are still good people in this world... By the way sorry Edog for not calling but I couldnt find my phone LOL
andrew king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:20 AM   #16
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew king
....AMAZING It sure is good to know there are still good people in this world... LOL
Dude you need to get that guys address and send him a thank you card. Do you realize how much pain and suffering he saved you by not having to deal with the insurance company on this. It sounds like the wreck was his fault, but he took full responsibility without you have to deal with the BS. Glad to hear everyone is alright, and really happy to hear there are people in this world like the man that hit you....
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:38 AM   #17
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
Dude you need to get that guys address and send him a thank you card. Do you realize how much pain and suffering he saved you by not having to deal with the insurance company on this. It sounds like the wreck was his fault, but he took full responsibility without you have to deal with the BS. Glad to hear everyone is alright, and really happy to hear there are people in this world like the man that hit you....
my dad was hit by a mexican, with no drivers license, and no proof of identity. the car he was driving was insured, however, since the owner and insured on that vehicle said that he was not supposed to be driving it, their insurance will not cover it. meanwhile, this guy, who cannot prove that he should be here legally is walking. no tickets, and he's still here in the states. i do know where he lives, and very well could ensure that he has some sort of financial hardship over this.

while that story is all well and good, it would be so much nicer to have people who paid attention to their surroundings while driving.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #18
76GMCK15

Passed California smog test!
76GMCK15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:41 PM   #19
Rodder4hire

Got all the used stuff to swap my 68 C20 Custom Camper (with anniversary paint) all the boneyard stuff for a future disc swap.
Rodder4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #20
82c10
needin' money

bumped the timing up a little , more like screwed the timing up won't start now, and broke the battery on my 82, hopefully i can work on it tomorrow, wednesday, moral is if it starts and runs good, don't mess with the timing
82c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:39 PM   #21
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

AC Pump went out and had to install another one. Can not do without the air with all this heat. The old one just locked up. Made a lot of noise and the belt went flying. I thought I had big time trouble with all that noise but was really glad it was only the air and I could still drive the truck home. (-the air)

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:13 PM   #22
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

buffing...

spent all day polishing billet, chrome etc on the rides.