The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2005, 01:33 AM   #26
Idaho68
Got trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
I can`t believe some states make older vehicles go through emmisions.They are such a small percentage of the total vehicles on the road.And,even fewer daily drivers.My`99 ZR2 has both cats fryed.I punched-out the little egg-shaped one in the y-pipe($700 part)and Meineke replaced the rear one.It melted down and clogged the exhaust in two weeks.That got punched out.If it doesn`t pass next time(probably will),I`ll test it with an almost empty tank and racing(maqic juice)fuel.She`ll be burning real clean!
Up here in Boise anything newer than 65 has to pass emissions, only one county in the whole state has emission test requirements , and people wonder why I am considering moving out of the county before the 68 needs it's hind end sniffed again, it is pure that only Ada county has to test, when we get vehicles from the surrounding counties that commute daily, many of which are producing such noxious clouds that I have to find another route to get away from the fumes of their ill tuned, ill-running mosquito control machines.

OOGLY 68 1/2 ton LWB with 250 6-banger and TH350 (soon to be 350 with TH400)
Idaho68 is offline   Reply With Quote