The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2002, 01:52 PM   #1
case_bt

CLassic car auto financing

I'm thinking about selling my truck and buying my cousins blazer

I'm looking for some places that do financing on older cars

web sites would be helpful

thanks
Case

here a pic of the blazer
Attached Images

case_bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 02:06 PM   #2
69mychevy
yes i did post something

sorry i know nothin about old car financing but what year is that truck in the background?
Old 08-12-2002, 02:11 PM   #3
case_bt

looks like a 71 or 72 with a painted grill
case_bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 09:11 AM   #4
umrebelsfan

Try your local banks. You may be surprised. If you are willing to put up a real down payment and can get an appraisal, "with approved credit" you should be fine. I think I would try this route before I went to a firm supposedly "specializing" in this type of loan.

A good local banker will realize he doesn't need to sell this to the loan committee as a conventional car loan. The blue book just does not support it. Go in hand with an appraisal and you will be way ahead. I am counsel for a small community bank, so I have heard this discussion before when an uninitiated loan committee member wondered why they were taking back as security "an old car." I was familiar with the car and because of the down payment (40% of what I thought the low value was) I told them if it ever was repossesed they better call another lawyer 'cause I was buying it.

If you haven't had any luck with local banks, you may want to check Vette sites. Financing on older Vettes is fairly common and maybe some of those guys have expanded to other models. With all the car companies and major finance companies giving such low rates, this is probably aniche that has been filled because there is more profit (don't expect 60 months @ 5.5% for this type financing in other words.) Notwithstanding, if your problem is credit related don't expect these companies to by sympathetic or to give you any advantage on something like what you want to purchase. The problem is the market is limited compared to the more traditional classic car, popular make and model market.

Good luck.