The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2002, 11:51 AM   #1
1971LT1SWBPOSI373

Fuel pump setup for small block Chevy

A few years back, I set up a small block chevy in a Cheyanne with an Edelbrock Performer, a Carter AFB, and a Carter electric fuel pump. Although the fuel pump installation was a lot of monkey motion (plumbing into the fuel line, wiring into the solenoid circuit, installing an impact switch, plumbing to the carburator) it worked nicely. For a simple installation, it seemed like a week worth of work.
I'm pretty much doing the same installation again on a different small block that's installed on a C-10. I was thinking about trying a different fuel pump setup, something a little easier to install. What are you guy's running for fuel pump setups on a Carter AFB??? Fuel lines??? I don't like the stock GM diaphram pumps..... they just don't last very long and will sometimes give you weird problems that'll have you stumped for a week. Send some installation pictures. Thanks TJ
1971 Shortbed 350/350 w/ Posi-traction 3:73's
1996 Chevy Silverado
TJ in Springfield, Virginia
Likes old Chevy trucks
Drinks Miller MGD
1971LT1SWBPOSI373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:14 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

As far as stock fuel pumps not lasting..onles it has sat around not being used, they'll last forever almost. However I am constantly swapping out electric fuel pumps at the shop.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote