The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
unixadm

Making progress on my '72

I've been working on my 72 for the past couple of months. It seems everyday I find something else that makes me think "wtf was this guy thinking". Anyhow - I'm piecing things back together. I hope to have it back on the road in about 4-5 weeks. I bought the truck complete, but it was a 4x4 conversion that used 73+ springs and axles. That was my first issue. It had no engine cross member, just some home brewed mounts. I have 3 4x4 cross-members so I put on in. The engine sits in the 2wd position so the cross-member wouldn't fit without modification.

But I'm doing these mods:

- New brakes (4 wheel discs, Rotors, Calipers, Hard Lines (Inline Tube), Soft Lines (Pro-Comp Stainless Braided), Master Cylinder, Booster, Disc/Disc Proportioning Valve, etc). I used the rear disc Blackbird kit for my 14 bolt FF with Eldorado calipers and I even have working E-brakes.
- New cooling system (4 row radiator, waterpump, fan clutch, water valve, hoses and heater core)
- New belts
- Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake w/ Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Billet HEI, and a dressup kit
- Hummer H2 2nd row leather seat (Color is Wheat)
- 72 Truck Tilt Column, Rebuilt
- Grant Classic Wood steering wheel
- Black Carpet kit, shift boots and floor mats from GMC Pauls
- Late model Chevy Truck or Tahoe Black 3 point seat belts
- Gauge cluster replacement with electronic speedo
- 6" premium all spring lift using Skyjacker Soft Ride springs from Jack-It.
- 35x12.50x17 Pro-Comp Xterrains on Hummer H2 wheels

Plus a slew of wiring and other do-dads. I still have a ways to go, but I got the engine buttoned back up today and need to get the ignition system hooked up. The truck should be 'pretty nice' when I get done. I'm going to wet sand the whole truck and buff it out with 3M compound using my polisher.

Pics can be seen here: http://www.dmwtech.com/gallery/v/k20/