The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2005, 12:31 AM   #1
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

searching for closure...

I need to vent a bit....I bought a 74 stepside in south carolina a few months back. I have been through 3 shipping companies whom all just seem to have disappeared somewhere, luckily I didn't have to put money down, they were all COD. I have also been fortunate that the gentleman that I bought it from is not upset yet..yet!! Now heres the kicker, the fourth company that I called..DAS SHIPPING, very respectable took care of everything over the phone and even is giving me updates as the move is made, but I learned today the the "NOS fenders and steps" which I bought with the project truck are actually not with the truck and the company claims to not know where they are and that they were not in the truck. The gentleman whom I bought the truck from said he strapped them in the bed before they loaded the truck on the trailer. Anywho, the truck is no in georgia, one more state further from its destination and it will be a week before I get it...Valuable lesson learned...
IF YOU WANT SOMETHING HAULED...HAUL IT YOURSELF
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #2
beaterC10

Man you have me a little concerned now. That stinks to lose the fenders, those things are pricey.

I am trying to get a truck moved from Muscle Shoals to Indy. Would you mind sending me PM with the guys who left you hanging?

Dave
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
gldevall

SC to WV... WTF are they doing in GA?
-2004 Z-71 Extended cab with a flowmaster, BDS 6.5", 3" BL, 35x12.5x18 Trail Grapplers on Pro-Comp 18x9 wheels
gldevall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:59 AM   #4
75stepside
*Proud Member*

man, that just sucks... is the shipment insured somehow? i saw some car haulers this weekend up in Erie that had a ton of old cars on 'em... assumed they were some sort of shipping company... i'll definetly give you a hollar before i go putting down crazy cash for shady shipping companies...

looking in selling my sportbike... i dont EVEN want to deal w/ shipping that thing!! ugh...
75stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #5
ben@speedbarn
Done yet?

I heard bad things on other forums about DAS as well.
ben@speedbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:38 PM   #6
f.monroe

I bought a 1970 RS/SS Camaro out of Bonita ,California . I used DAS and it arrived without a hitch . I think it was here in 5 days even though I didnt pay the extra amount to have it gauranteed in 5 days . My car came with some extras and they were all still there . I recently shipped a 45,600 original mile Impala to California . The driver made a complete list of the cars imperfections (very few ) and a couple things I put in the trunk . Did DAS make a list of what was loaded ? I wonder if the parts were there to begin with ? I would definitely question the driver . Frank
f.monroe is offline   Reply With Quote