The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #1
a squarecan

Looky what the big brown truck brought me today!

Hey guys,

Well I finally got the stuff I ordered from Jason minus the Chrome Viar 450 which is on back order but Jason says it will be here tuesday so I am not too worried about it! Here is a pic of what I came home too.

Pretty much everything I need upfront minus line and fittings which I will get this weekend hopefully.

Now to the hard part though! I have never attempted to plumb my own bag system before so I am not really sure where I wanna start! I have checked out Jason's pic of how to plumb it but I am still kinda lost. Any advice for a first time bagger? I still have my cab and bed on but my front suspension is completely torn apart now. Where are you guys mounting your tanks? I have a 64 short bed. I plan to rebuild the entire back half from the cab back. My plans are to run an ECE cross member but move it back about 12 inches and run a similar design link in the back and then run a straight arm on each side outside the frame rails; which I plan to mount my bags on. My thoughts right now is mounting all my stuff in the bed, but I am not so certain about that for 2 reasons. 1 I want it to look clean and 2 I live up in the ghetto and my ish would be gone in a short time, so if I can keep it out of the bed that would be great, but if that is my only real option I will just sleep with my tek close by. By the way I am (well will be) running a 74 flat chevelle tank in back between the frame rails so behind the axel is not an option.

But any help will be greatly appriciated!

Thanks
Keith
a squarecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:30 AM   #2
sixty8c10
MY EX DRIVES A BROOM

i have been pondering this for awhile myself......my conclusion is this...mount the stuff on the outside of the framerails in front of the rear tires between the bedsides and the frame.... my set up would be for dual tanks and compressors....mount the tank between the tire and the compressor so as to keep the road dirt off of it and there you go.

Building Nemo -1968 C10 Long Bed

FRED -1947 KB-2 International
sixty8c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
a squarecan

Thanks for the reply sixty8c!0,

I thought about it for awhile and I dont think I would mind putting the tank in the bed and just run everything else under the bed floor. I hope to eventually get a tonnue but who knows when that day will come! I was thinking about mounting my valves directly to the tank, do you guys think this is a bad idea if I am going to have the tank in the bed? Also do I need to use teflon tape on all my fittings?

Thanks again!

I am open to any and all suggestions and as always pix are always welcome!
Keith
Old 08-06-2005, 01:09 AM   #4
sixty8c10
MY EX DRIVES A BROOM

you said you lived in a bad part of town ...... i would make it as difficult to steal as possible......if you mounted the valves to the tank...it could be stolen as one piece....what about one of those tool boxes that fit inside the bed, you know below the bedrails....you could bolt it to the truck bed....mount everthing inside of it...and lock it up.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:35 AM   #5
a squarecan

That is going a little too far, I hope to have a show worthy truck so a lock box is out of the question. I do live in a bad part of town, but I think I made too big of deal about it. It was more for keeping it clean that having it stollen. If some one would like to take a chance to steal it, I have been waiting for some good target practice I just wont tell them my tek has a 30 shot bananna clip and I can unload it up their @$$ in about 6 seconds and not to mention I am pretty accurate up to about 60 feet lol and not to mention my driveway goes all the way down the side of the house and my truck is further towards the back of the driveway. I think if I put the tank in the bed and then ancored it to the cross braces of the bed it self it would make it a chore to steal very easily.

Man! It is 10:30 and pitch black but I want to be out there baggin my truck! I need to clean everything up first though. I have a 40 year old dirty frame on my hands, not worthy of a freshly bagged set-up.

Keith
Old 08-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #6
sixty8c10
MY EX DRIVES A BROOM

ok....now i get the full picture......mount it in the bed, should be fine

Old 08-07-2005, 04:06 AM   #7
jay-dawg
chevelito

Hi...is that from suicide doors?

jay

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
jay-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #8
a squarecan

Yes it is,

It isn't a kit or anything though, I just pieced it together with the stuff I wanted.

Keith
Old 08-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #9
Senor_paco

Schweet! I'd make, buy, or have made a box to bolt/screw inside the frame underneath. Really clean, and on top of that, when dropped, how are they gonna get at it? I have a mig, and would weld it to the inside frame. easy to get out with a grinder. I'm gonna do that soon, but will start with just the rear bags, to adjust for my boat, then do the fronts later.
Senor_paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:36 PM   #10
jay-dawg
chevelito

I've got tanks and switches already and just looking for the plates...how much did they run you?

Jay

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
jay-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:17 AM   #11
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

$59.99 for 2 plates 2 cups

http://www.*****************/products...unts_67-87.htm
screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote