The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
72 Cheyenne K20
Registered User

Location: Staunton, Virginia
My 1st Blazer

Just thought I'd share a few pics.
Attached Images

72 Cheyenne K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #2
71swb4x4
Senior Member

71swb4x4's Avatar

Location: Brookings, SD
That is a heck of a 1st Blazer. Where are you at in Minnesota?
__________________
Some people are like slinkies, they aren't good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
71swb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #3
72 Cheyenne K20
Registered User

Location: Staunton, Virginia
I live about 60 miles south of the cities.
72 Cheyenne K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #4
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

Medicanman71's Avatar

Location: Where the Wild Things Are
sweet
Medicanman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #5
71swb4x4
Senior Member

71swb4x4's Avatar

Location: Brookings, SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 Cheyenne K20
I live about 60 miles south of the cities.
Which side of I-35? Every year we go to a softball tournament in West Concord during their Survival Days. We always hit the golf course in Kenyon too.
__________________
Some people are like slinkies, they aren't good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Last edited by 71swb4x4; 08-07-2005 at 03:19 PM.
71swb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #6
72 Cheyenne K20
Registered User

Location: Staunton, Virginia
I live in Owatonna about a mile from 35. What is Survival days. I've only lived here a few years. Came from Washington DC. Haven't had too much time to check things out around here yet.

Scott
72 Cheyenne K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #7
71swb4x4
Senior Member

71swb4x4's Avatar

Location: Brookings, SD
Survival Days is West Concord's weekend street dance, chicken feed, tractor pull, softball tourny, town party. Lots of stuff going on, lots of people, pretty fun.
In the 80's they tore up Hwy 56 and redid it, well that's pretty much the only road through West Concord, so when they 'survived' it through that they decided to have this weekend party every year.
I have been to Owatonna a few times. I had a friend that got married there last year. I have also been to the Cableas, and every year on our way back from West Concord we alwyas have lunch in Owatonna. This year on our way through we saw a nice looking 67-72 4x4 for sale on 14 wast of I35. Didn't get time to stop, the people with me were not 'truck people'.
__________________
Old 08-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #8
72 Cheyenne K20
Registered User

Location: Staunton, Virginia
Not truck people, you should have faked a sickness and told them they had to pull over right now, it work every time. If the truck you saw was a cheyenne light blue and white, I know what one it is. The guy is asking like 10K for it. Looks good but lots of rerpo parts and personal additions. Looks like they made it for themselves and later decided to sell it. Survival days sound fun, if I get some time I will stop by and eat like a hog and watch some softball.

Scott
72 Cheyenne K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 04:25 PM   #9
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

bouncytruck's Avatar

Location: Bothell, WA
Nice looking blazer. The isn't enough rust for it to be from Minnesota! The color is the same as my '72. What color is the interior?
__________________
bouncytruck 1972 K5
The Hauler 1994 K1500 Suburban
The Daily2010 Kia Soul
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #10
ClassicStyle
Registered User

ClassicStyle's Avatar

Location: Scottsdale, AZ
I envy you, thats EXACTLY what i want. Sweet blazer, very sweet.

-Cameron
__________________
1972 Dark blue, Cst, Highlander
ClassicStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #11
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

LUV2XCLR8's Avatar

Location: Maple Grove, TN (West Side)
2 the BLAZER club
__________________
Owner/Op: "TN Classic Transport Carriers"
The Toy: "Square Vette" 72 Hybrid Blazer
Toy Barn: "LuvShack" 40 x 60 x 20 Shop
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 08:20 PM   #12
72 Cheyenne K20
Registered User

Location: Staunton, Virginia
Thanks for the compliments, Not a minnesota blazer for sure, no drain holes. It spent all/most of it's life in California. Very little rust in it. The interior is a special promotional interior, black and white checked cloth inset with white trim. Glove box decal ony says promotional (no color spec). I thought it my be the houndstooth but not sure. I'll get a pic and post it.

Scott
72 Cheyenne K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:50 PM   #13
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

bouncytruck's Avatar

Location: Bothell, WA
I think that is the Highlander option on the interior. Can you get some pictures?
__________________
Old 08-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #14
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

FRENCHBLUE72's Avatar

Location: GRANTS PASS OR
Very nice ride for your 1st blazer welcome to the board from southern oregon..
__________________
GO BIG GREEN GO DUCKS

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #15
Swbman
Senior Member

Location: Tulsa,Oklahoma
Nice Rig, very hard to find one in that kinda condition these days.
__________________
1961 BUICK LESABRE ** 1968 CHEVELLE SS 396 ** 1969 BUICK RIVIERA GS ** 1971 2 WHEEL DRIVE BLAZER ** 1971 4X4 BLAZER ** 1971 SHORTBED CHEYENNE FLEETSIDE ** 1971 SHORTBED 4X4 FLEETSIDE ** ...My Ebay
Swbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:29 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

special-K's Avatar

Location: Mt Airy, MD
Are the seat covers original?If they are checked (houndstooth) and not plaid,they were probably replaced.The plaid covers aren`t reproduced.Even though the houndtooth was not available originally,they are reproduced.Is that Omaha Orange,Red Orange,or Hugger Orange?
__________________
"BUILDING A BETTER WAY TO SERVE THE USA"......67/72......"The New Breed"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-09-2005 at 07:30 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:08 PM   #17
72 Cheyenne K20
Registered User

Location: Staunton, Virginia
Here are a few more pics of the inside. I think the front seats are original but not sure about the back. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Scott

Old 08-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #18
bowtie
Senior Member

bowtie's Avatar

Location: Saskatchewan
sweet blazer...
__________________
~70 GMCprostreet swb 396/700r NOS 575 hp "the Brick"
~72 chev swb w/68 front clip "GM Millenium corvette yellow"

I use and accept Paypal
bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #19
71swb4x4
Senior Member

71swb4x4's Avatar

Location: Brookings, SD
The front seats are the highlander seats. Back seat is not a factory cover, from what I can see of the arm rest it could be a correct seat. Have a better picture of the whole seat? How does it attach to the floor?
__________________
Old 08-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #20
orangeuavol
GO VOLS!

orangeuavol's Avatar

Location: Knoxville, TN
That is simply an amazing find! You just don't see original unmolested blazers in that great a condition. Did you have to give your right or left n*t for it?
__________________
http://1972blazer.shutterfly.com/<= blazer build pics

It's called golf because all the other four letter words were taken.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
orangeuavol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:07 AM   #21
HatGuy
Registered User

HatGuy's Avatar

Location: Fort Worth Texas
Talking

Here's a copy of an email i received about the Highlander fabric.

From: SMS Auto Fabrics
Date: 05/31/05 19:06:55
To: PBHATS
Subject: Re: 1972 Chevy Blazer

We have all four colors and they are each $85 per yard. If you'd like
samples, please send us your mailing address. If you would like to
order, please call us at (503) 263-3535. Thanks, Sample Dept.

Just buy a repop back seat cover in Vinyl and any good auto upholstry
man cnd change the inserts to the plaid. Let us know how this works out.

Thanks to the board member who let me know about SMS Auto Fabrics.
I cant find that post.
__________________
Joe Peters the HatGuy
72' K5 Highlander
My Daily Driver

http://www.pbhats.com/BLAZER/index.html
HatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:53 AM   #22
HatGuy
Registered User

HatGuy's Avatar

Location: Fort Worth Texas
Thats the Gray plaid.
Here's the web site
http://www.smsautofabrics.com/index.html
They do door panels to mabee the will do
side panels with the correct vinyl. I sure would
like to get rid of the speaker holes in mine.
__________________

Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #23
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

bouncytruck's Avatar

Location: Bothell, WA
Definately highlander seats, but the rear isn't the stock vinyl. I looks like you are missing the rear side panels too (you can see them in HatGuy's photos on his web site).
Old 08-10-2005, 01:32 PM   #24
72 Cheyenne K20
Registered User

Location: Staunton, Virginia
Thanks for the help guys! Hey Orange, only had to give up the left and the first born. It's OK though, he's 14 and wanted it on his 16th b-day. Bouncy, I do have the side panels for it, I took them out because I had to replace the vent hose for the gas tank and to keep them in good shape. Thanks again for the compliments, I have looked for a blazer like this one with the options I wanted. I tried to take a pic of the glove box sheet but it didn't turn out. Good option though, A/C, skid plate, tilt, promo interior, CST, orange, 350, auto, posi 373 rear. I don't think I could be an happier with it.

Thanks, Scott

Last edited by 72 Cheyenne K20; 08-10-2005 at 07:58 PM.
72 Cheyenne K20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks