The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
canadian trucker
A day should have 30 hours.

Unhappy Braided Air Lines

Help me please I am trying to find braided hoses for my air ride. (wanna do the whole thing without plastic) Does anyone know of a good place where to get braided air lines. Any guess is also welcome.

thankx
canadian trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:46 PM   #2
Russell
Professional Grade

Just be aware that braided hose is really expensive. However, you can usually find some on ebay or something
Old 08-14-2005, 11:51 PM   #3
Nolowrider

Locally we have a place called Aeroquip that makes them. Try looking in the phonebook for high pressure hydraulic line fabricators. They are usally steele braided or any aircraft repair place would be able to tell you where to go. If you want the number for the place here let me know. Maybe you can give them the info and they can ship them to you, or I can ship them to you. They are expensive though.
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:27 AM   #4
bodydropped

got copper air line instead
bodydropped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:33 AM   #5
Izzy
Trucker.

The local hydraulic place here wanted an arm and a leg to do custom length braided hoses. I would check with Russell and see what they can do. The reason most don't run it is the cost is so prohibative.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:52 AM   #6
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

How bout using stainless steel braided sleeves with DOT-approved air lines? Could give you a similar look while keeping the cost down a bit.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:47 AM   #7
Russell
Professional Grade

Another thing you could consider, that may potentially be a stupid idea (I am sure someone will pipe up if it is!) Almost all GM cars with TBI have some very nice steel braided fuel lines from the Throttle Body down to the frame. Prehaps you could get some of that fuel line, along with some of the saginaw hard line fittings, put a double flare type fitting on them, and run them as your soft lines?