The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
beaterC10

My new truck arrived today

I finally received my new to me 87 SWB Silverado this afternoon. It's a white fleetside with a shot 350 tbi, dirty maroon interior, A/C, dual tanks, cruise, and front swaybar.

It spent its life as a utility company service truck in Alabama, so it has some dents but NO RUST. I can't believe how clean southern trucks are.

The only excitement was when the steering rag joint broke as we were pushing it off the trailer. After I repaired the rag joint, I noticed the steering box is not in alignment with the column. I assume this means the frame is bent between the crossmember and the bumper. It looks like I will be doing a body swap and not a motor swap with this and my rusty stepper.

I'll try to get a few pics posted soon.
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
bluex

Sounds like a decent deal. They dont have anymore they are getting rid of do they????
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:22 PM   #3
beaterC10

I don't know. I bought the truck from a guy in Muscle Shoals who runs a towing business. He had it listed on Ebay. I have his contact information at work, I can send it to you if you're interested. The title on the truck shows it was owned by "City of Sheffield Power Water & Gas Dept, POB 580 600 Montg Av, Sheffield AL 35660.

It has a fair number of dents, but I can't believe how clean the body and chassis are as far as rust. A fat guy must have driven it, the foam in the seat is worn down to the springs .
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote