The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
rchdrm
The start of the $ pit!

bring the gap together

Someone ran into the side of the truck I purchased and the cab has pulled back away from the door. Anyone have a suggestion in bringing the gap back together? There is no crease, yet.
Attached Images

rchdrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
rchdrm
The start of the $ pit!

body work help

I already have a thread running in the paint and body section but no one has answered my question and I thought this group of guys and gals may have some suggestion.
I need to bring this gap together on my cab. It was hit in the corner but ther are no dents only the fact the cab corner has been pushed back.
Does anyone have an idea how to bend this section back? Maybe lots of heat?
Attached Images

rchdrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
matt67350

body club

I don't think I know enough to help.

Lets form a club to do bodywork and paintwork.

Everybody gather up tools and paint guns and lets get to work.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #4
tnblazerk5
User #12137

in this pic it looks like there is a crease where whatever hit the door and the lower part of the cab below where the trim was

take your hammer and body dolly and tap the crease out from the back of it and the gap should close up on its own sum ,remember theres still a crease in the door so it still wont look correct till the door is also fixed , if that dont get all out of it out ,take your welder and tack weld a short chain to the outer edge of the cab where it meets the door . or sumthing to hook a chain up to, and hook the other end of the chain to a comealong ,or sumthing to pull with , and hook the comealong to a tree , this pull has to be streight pull to the front of the truck you may have to take the door off the cab to do this if so take all kinds on measerments fron the front of the cabpost to the rear to see how much it needs to come forward , and pull slowly real slow and tap the cab corner where the crease was , you may have to tap in other places to make it stay where you want it when you let off the pressure of the comealong

have i confuesed ya yet ?
tnblazerk5 is offline   Reply With Quote