The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Difference in Engine Wiring Harness (Guages v. Lights)

I bought a new wiring harness for my truck. The underdash harness sstates with guages. So does the front light harness. The Engine harness simply says 69 V8, HEI, Auto. It has the wire for a oil pressure sending unit on it. Do you think they just put it on there so it will work for trucks with or without guages? Is the temperature sending unit wire suppose to be different for guages and warning lights? I 'll post pictures later when the wife gets home and tells me where the USB cable for the camera is. Thanks.

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:40 PM   #2
Rakort

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tiresngas
I bought a new wiring harness for my truck. The underdash harness sstates with guages. So does the front light harness. The Engine harness simply says 69 V8, HEI, Auto. It has the wire for a oil pressure sending unit on it. Do you think they just put it on there so it will work for trucks with or without guages? Is the temperature sending unit wire suppose to be different for guages and warning lights? I 'll post pictures later when the wife gets home and tells me where the USB cable for the camera is. Thanks.
Do you think they just put it on there so it will work for trucks with or without guages?

Yes / Correct

Is the temperature sending unit wire suppose to be different for guages and warning lights?

No / same for both

Parts for Sale: Pictures
Awesome Elec. Schematic Available: Picture
Awesome Elec. Schematic Available: Picture
Rakort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Thanks Rakort.

here are the pictures I mentioned earlier.

I think the ones circled in red just get attached to the junction box (which I don't have) on the fender.

I think the ones circled in blue go to the distributer. The one with the white connector I believe is for a tach, which I do not have.

The ones circled in yellow I believe go to the starter. Just my starter does not have the original wires, so I don't know which one goes to which post. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fire extinguisher is on-hand...lol

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote