The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2005, 12:10 AM   #1
Frizzle Fry

WTB 67-72 Fenders for Wheel Arches

If you have a pair of garbage fenders laying around (front or rear) I just need some good wheel arches plus about 2"-3" radius. It would be best if you could cut them out to reduce shipping costs. If your local (Portland Oregon area) even better. I can buy a decent fender for $50 so I'm looking for a low price on these (like ~$10ea?). Let me know what we can do
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:50 AM   #2
junkyardjohn

IF YOU CAN BUY A DECENT FENDER (RUSTFREE & DENTFREE)FOR $50 , WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PATCH PANEL??. WHY NOT JUST BUY ONE OF THOSE DECENT $50 FENDERS, PUT IT ON, & BE DONE WITH IT??? JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #3
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

I have several trashed renders with good sections that I am saving for patch panels. I can cut some sections out for you for that price plus shipping or if you are coming to Seattle...you can just pick them up. If you can wait...I to to Portland about every two months or so.

BTW...which side and where on the fender lip?

I also tend to agree with JYJ...I got a PERFECT fender at a swap meet for $10...but it was Sunday afternoon and it was cold and raining! However I still can't bring myself to throw the old one away since it is only the lower pocket that is bad. It's a disease...LOL!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)

Last edited by stllookn; 09-08-2005 at 10:50 AM.
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:46 PM   #4
Frizzle Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardjohn
IF YOU CAN BUY A DECENT FENDER (RUSTFREE & DENTFREE)FOR $50 , WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PATCH PANEL??. WHY NOT JUST BUY ONE OF THOSE DECENT $50 FENDERS, PUT IT ON, & BE DONE WITH IT??? JOHN
Wow three rolleyes huh? If you don't have something positive to say, there's no need for you to reply.

They are for the rear fenders on my '61. I am removing the 60-66 arches and installing 67-72's. The fronts are already done. The aftermarket patches do not include the entire arch. I'd have to buy three patch panels to get what I'm looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stllookn
I have several trashed renders with good sections that I am saving for patch panels. I can cut some sections out for you for that price plus shipping or if you are coming to Seattle...you can just pick them up. If you can wait...I to to Portland about every two months or so.

BTW...which side and where on the fender lip?

I also tend to agree with JYJ...I got a PERFECT fender at a swap meet for $10...but it was Sunday afternoon and it was cold and raining! However I still can't bring myself to throw the old one away since it is only the lower pocket that is bad. It's a disease...LOL!
It would be ideal to have one from each side (front or rear). I don't think the sections I need differ from side to side, but if I can get one of each that would be great. I'm in no hurry, so meeting in Portland sounds good. I'll PM you.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote