The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2002, 06:47 PM   #26
johnymac

Thanks again guys!

I am going to try and answer some of the questions here, if I miss any I will post another reply.

Mountian Man, I am my own worst enemy. I sanded, taped off, and painted the engine compartment three times, just couldn't get it perfect. When I did, I just found out that the hood needs new hinges and springs, it took some of the paint off the front of the radiator shroud when I closed the first time, there seems to be more and more play evrytime I open and close the hood.
Not the right shroud anyway.

Justin, yes it is, I needed it because my rear wheels were locking up before thr front. I installed on the rear line, it adjusts the rear pressure, works great. I would say when you convert to front disks you have to add one.

Racedvl, it is a ZZ4 create motor, wish I had gone with the 454, but they came out with that create motor right after I bought mine the beginning of last summer. I threw a few dress up parts on it to liven up the engine compartment.

1967LWBstepside, color I can't tell yeah, I bought the truck with the paint that's on it. I paid a lot for that paint, kind of got taken with the deal. I bought over the net, won't do that again. Only thing I haven't really gotten into yet. Got so much into the truck going to try and hold off for a couple of years.

The truck has about a 2.5"/6" drop on it.
It had a 3.5"/6" drop, but with the big front tires I had to tear apart again and add some 1" spring spacers to get some clearnace between the tires and the inner fender as well as fenders. It is perfect right now. I like stance alote now.

Thanks again guys for the compliments, but the truck still needs a ton of work as well as the cameria does hide a lot.
johnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 06:54 PM   #27
johnymac

Justin,

Here is a pretty good pic of the stance she has now.

I live in new England and the roads around here just won't allow for a slmammed down truck. I wish. Neither will my collectors off the headers.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2002, 06:55 PM   #28
justin
PROJECT LO-LYF

johnymac,
So you just ran the brake line straight to the front brakes out of the m.cylinder & the rear brakes through the portioning deal.??
Thanks for the info!

PROJECT: LO-LYF

Bagged 68 Shorty

home.att.net/~justin.lewis
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 07:01 PM   #29
johnymac

I replaced the brake lines, added the prop vavle to the rear line. I think it was 1/4 inch which is good for holding the vavle in place.
So yes just added to the rear line. I believe the valve has to be below the master.

If you have any questions when you do just write and maybe I will be able to help out.

Last edited by johnymac; 08-25-2002 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 07:55 PM   #30
72 Super

Thats a great looking engine compartment.As is the the whole truck.Great job