The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #26
GMCGRANDS

Rollie 396 has the right idea. Check out how they ran the exhaust on the copperhead truck. http://staceydavid.com/copperhead.htm

Look at the smaller pictures near the bottom You can click on them to enlarge. This truck has a 4/6 drop and a rear fuel tank. The exhaust was routed through the crossmember that the lower control arms attach to. Then through the crossmember Rollie 396 noted, then around the fuel tank and exit out the sides behind the rear tires. ECE now sells a trailing arm crossmember with the exhaust holes and the same fuel tank. The tank is listed on there website as the cooperhead tank. That only leaves the crossmember Rollie 396 showed to be modified.

I modiefied my on trailing arm crossmember before they offered one by cutting out the holes and welding in 3.5" schedule 80 pipe to reinforce it. The ECE version also allows for greater ground clearance due to the modified area were the drive shaft goes through.

05' GMC Sierra Denali LQ9
GMCGRANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #27
bagged72blaz
Got L.E.D.s

Yes there SS bomb mufflers. They sound great, and I'm told by many exhaust shops, and performance shops, that the farther back in the exhaust the muffler is the better. There different, and you can't really tell there mufflers with the bumper on, just looks like big tips. The silencers are nice, and when I want loud I just remove them and it sounds like straight pipes. Don't knock it until you try it.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:41 AM   #28
BK
BK Built

my exahaust over a little more than 6" drop... LOL!!! 2.5" all the way back exits out back bumper
Attached Images

BK is offline   Reply With Quote