The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Anybody running Stockton Wheels??

I am tired of the aluminum wheels on my truck. So, I've decided that Rallye wheels would look good. Stockton Wheels has been in business for many, many years and has rallye wheels with raw centers and chromed rims. The chrome rim would negate the use of a trim ring, and the difference is only $15 per wheel for the chrome outers.

So, should I have Stockton do the powder coating, or a local shop? Stockton charges $35/wheel for the coating and I haven't priced anything local.

Just wonder if anyone has any experience with them, besides what I read in the truck magazines. I like their website, and they're truck people, to boot.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
70short/step

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay
I am tired of the aluminum wheels on my truck. So, I've decided that Rallye wheels would look good. Stockton Wheels has been in business for many, many years and has rallye wheels with raw centers and chromed rims. The chrome rim would negate the use of a trim ring, and the difference is only $15 per wheel for the chrome outers.

So, should I have Stockton do the powder coating, or a local shop? Stockton charges $35/wheel for the coating and I haven't priced anything local.

Just wonder if anyone has any experience with them, besides what I read in the truck magazines. I like their website, and they're truck people, to boot.
If I was you I would powder coat them locally. That way if you have any problem with the coating you can go to the shop directly.
I live in Stockton and have known Frank the owner of Stockton Wheel, for quite a few years. I would buy from him no problem.
That being said, You may wanna check out the prices at Summit! They sell "Wheel Vintiques" for a Great price. Plus I believe it is free shipping! They also have the 'Ralley' wheel in Billet!

70 Short/Step
70short/step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #3
cdowns

i've had a few sets from wheel vintiques and been happy with them// they offer the same basic setup as stockton and i always found thier prices (weel vintiques) cheaper with quicker delivery times
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

before you do anything with stockton wheel i would read this post off of another board first...hmmm actually pm me and i will give you the thread addy. this board is a little, lets say, colorful as far as language goes.

Last edited by CG; 10-12-2005 at 08:37 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:27 PM   #5
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Thanks for the feedback. I've seen the wheels in the Summit catalog. Wheel Vintiques was one of the sources I wanted to research, but I haven't done so, yet. Let me do that before I PM you cg. All good points, too.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Stockton and Pete Paulson both sell Wheel Vintiques as well as other quality mfr`s wheels.The do custom work and have some of their own designs,this is what they are best for.If you check around,you may find a local wheel builder,too.But,what you want is a standard Wheel Vintique`s item.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:07 PM   #7
70short/step

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
Stockton and Pete Paulson both sell Wheel Vintiques as well as other quality mfr`s wheels.The do custom work and have some of their own designs,this is what they are best for.If you check around,you may find a local wheel builder,too.But,what you want is a standard Wheel Vintique`s item.
Kinda weird that both Stockton Wheel and Pete Paulsen are only a couple of miles from each other. A couple of big recongized wheel sellers in the Hot Rod community.

70 Short/Step
70short/step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:15 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Guess it goes back to the old Bay Area roadster days?Actually Stockton built wagon wheels,right?Paulsen probably learned the trade there and struck-out on his own,ya think?Kinda like Jesse James leaving Boyd`s to do his own thing.That`s my guess.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote