The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
ezmaggie

Question Need tranny help asap, PLEASE

I have a 1977 K5, 350,automatic 350 tranny, ,4WD, PS,PB(Booster)....I had it rebuilt 1 year ago,(04), however it was parked from Feb. thru Sept. this year (05). The mechanic put a RV pkg, in italso. I had to move this month.She ran great......pulled some heavy loads. I live in New River,AZ in the desert....some narely dirt roads, as well as one semi steep hill. I got down to the last load and the tranny began to slip. I am now having trouble getting it to catch 3rd and if it does it lopes down the road. Fluid is good. checked shift and detent linkage...all vacummlines I could see. Made sure tranny line to modulater was clear.tightened edlebrock carb. ...valve covers...tranny pan ....everything seems fine. but I swear it still has a vac leak. Also someone must have leaned on my power booster and broke the large hose fitting on the front side of it.so I sealed it up with some steal epoxy stuff.was broke down as someone had siphoned my gas!!! @#*+x<"_+ if I ever find out who............POW Anyway as of tommorrow I will have no transpertation....Can any one HELP me? Maggie:
Old 10-17-2005, 04:48 PM   #2
ezmaggie

Question Need tranny help asap, PLEASE

I have a 1977 K5, 350,automatic 350 tranny, ,4WD, PS,PB(Booster)....I had it rebuilt 1 year ago,(04), however it was parked from Feb. thru Sept. this year (05). The mechanic put a RV pkg, in it also. I had to move this month.She ran great......pulled some heavy loads. I live in New River,AZ in the desert....some narely dirt roads, as well as one semi steep hill. I got down to the last load and the tranny began to slip. I am now having trouble getting it to catch 3rd and if it does it lopes down the road. Fluid is good. checked shift and detent linkage...all vacumm lines I could see. Made sure tranny line to modulater was clear.tightened edlebrock carb. ...valve covers...tranny pan ....everything seems fine. but I swear it still has a vac leak. Also someone must have leaned on my power booster and broke the large hose fitting on the front side of it.so I sealed it up with some steal epoxy stuff(.was broke down At the time as someone had siphoned my gas!!! )@#*+x<"_+ if I ever find out who............POW Anyway as of tommorrow I will have no transportation....Can any one HELP me? Maggie:

Last edited by ezmaggie; 10-17-2005 at 04:51 PM.
ezmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:09 PM   #3
pepsiman

87blazer transmission problems

i got a 87 blazer, you can accelerate to 2500 - 3000 rpns and never shifts gears at all . i pulled the tranny and put another ussed one it with very low miles and this is doing the same thing. i checked all the cable the best i know how , i checked the electrical connectoin from the side of the trans to the engine. i removed the wires, i drove it no difference at all . i really need help.
one guy told me to check my tv cable . i have a repair manual but it doenst say much about adjusting it or even checking it

can some one help me please
pepsiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:04 PM   #4
ozrulzk5
What can I do next ????

Re: Need tranny help asap, PLEASE

check to see if any of the transmission cooler lines are crimped all the way up to the radiator , sounds like it is getting hot on you. also if you had a vac leak going to the trans modulator it would probably not shift out of fist gear as I have had that before.
ozrulzk5 is offline   Reply With Quote