The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
RabidScott

Re: 3" Wider aftermarket rear fenders - are they any good?

Sorry Bill, I was sick for the last few days. Ah, memories!! I miss that red-oxide rustbucket!!

I haven't been to the new dodgecharger.com. I don't even hang out at the cuda-challenger.com, and I have one. I've been having a blast lately playing with old ****.

I'd been looking for an ol' reliable truck to replace my beater '73 C-10. I was actually looking for a '49-'53 Chevy or GMC when I came across the '57. I had to have it. It's in okay shape, but completely dismantled, but came with EVERYTHING. One trailer and three freaking truckloads. Glass was nice, it was registered (non-op), and free delivery, all for $500.

The previous owner torched the rear leafs off (anyone got a pair of stockity-stock ones?) when he was disassembling it, so that is all thats really missing. Needs some rust repair, but I can handle it.

Can't wait to dig in!! I want to clean and paint everything, then reassemble it so the frames a roller, and shoot the body in epoxy primer. I'm not looking for a show truck out of it, just a clean, daily-driver classic truck.

So, enough about about my craziness.... how's you and yours? I was wondering how you have been lately, with the cars and everything?

Maybe you should PM your phone number, and I'll just give you a call!
RabidScott is offline   Reply With Quote