The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
matthufham

Picture time!

time for some updates and everybody loves pics.

i got the core support back on with new bushings, thanks gmcpaul. i don't know if i'm going to paint the core support, it looks ok as is. one fender is on, the other is being restored from 3 previous owner hackjobs.

got the frame completely painted gloss black, with a brush and i used a combination of high pressure washer, and a wire brush to clean it. i had a pic of the rear of the frame painted from under the truck but it didn't upload... here's a pic with my 77 brake booster and other assorted goodies. i also got the under cab and bed painted with rubberized undercoating, and most the firewall.

got the fender's and bed nice and smooth, no trim, no side markers

got the floor done, that was great, and got the speaker cab corners welded in and smoothed. also 6 1/2's in the doors, and the studs on the back wall and floor are for the subwoofer box!

and i started wetsanding, i can't do one project at a time. here's a question, the old paint divider chrome strip here, left a paint edge from old to new paint. how do i get rid of this edge, i think it needs some 200 grit to get it down, but i'm not sure.

that's it, enjoy

Last edited by matthufham; 11-07-2005 at 11:20 PM.
matthufham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:50 AM   #2
HeavyD

Re: Picture time!

Choice is yours, but if you are even remotely thinking of painting the support now looks to be the time to give it a quick splash. It would also match the nice paint that is on the frame and suspension, IMO.