The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER

First thread in a while

I know it has been a while since I have been on here and some of you probably forgot about my little stock 69'. YES it is stock I know that some of you guys like that lowered look with tires that I would put on a wagon!!. But I think stock or raised with big mudin' tires either way is good for me. Anyway here's what I have been up to lately, I pulled out the whole interior including dash, Cleaned the gas tank put that back in, pulled the entire vent system out gonna get new ones, oh that remindes me does anyone have a diagram or something to tell me how to put all these new vents back together in the dash?, And I found quite a bit of surface rust on the driver side and a corroded seam that is completely gone the opening that I am worried about is closest to the cab wall on the floor the seam sealent has been history for about 10 years, and the hole is about maybe 2-3 inches open then gets smaller as it goes down the floor seam any Ideas of how to patch it, I got some old school ideas but I want do this right so any other Ideas would be greatly appriciated. And that is about it the motor is running great a little lazy though I think I'll change the cam timng a little because I set a couple degrees advanced, maybe change the heads, and just do what these trucks do best work and drive.

1969 CHEVROLET CST-10 PICK-UP
Good memories

1999 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. cab 5.7L
Good Memories

With a quart of oil, and a gallon of gas, she won't let no other car pass!!!.

& FOREVER
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #2
Mudder

Re: First thread in a while

Glad you are back with us. Best to grind all the old rust out and weld new in, then rust proof really good.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote