The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2005, 02:32 AM   #1
muddpile

Vintage/Old air, worth it?

I've been considering whether or not to put an aftermarket air conditioning system in my truck, and figured I'd get everyones opinion. It is not originally an air truck, and the heater just quit a few months ago (probably just the blower) so that got me thinking about a vintage air heat/cool unit. I priced this out, and for a complete deal it looks like it willrun me somewhere around $1500 candian, which is a lot of money considering the whole truck cost $1300. Do they heat any better/worse than the original, and are they difficult to install? Are they worth going with, or does everyone find that the windows down works pretty good? I'm just weighing out my options as I don't want to waste any cash. The truck will be a driver all 4 seasons here in canada. Its not hot a lot, but when it is, it gets pretty warm.
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 07:46 AM   #2
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: Vintage/Old air, worth it?

It was worth every penny to me! I guess for you it depends on the direction that you are taking your truck. I would find it difficult to spend more installing A/C on a truck than I had paid for the whole ride. However if you have big plans for it on down the road I could see dropping the coins for the A/C. To answer your questions about Vintage Air. Yes it heats as good or better than the factory unit. No it is not hard to install (if you have a little patience, basic knowledge of tools and take your time). As far as cruising with the windows down......I have done it in the past......I don't want to do it anymore.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #3
TravisH

Its something I'm thinking about myself and I'm fairly certain that it'll happen. Again, it depends on the direction you take your truck.

little OT, but if anyone has a website for old air I'd appreciate it
TravisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:50 PM   #4
ac102nv

http://www.oldairproducts.com/

You may also want to check out Classic Auto Air. I have their kit (not installed yet) and it all looks good.
http://www.classicautoair.com