The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #1
wibilly

mirrors

i got some new doors getting ready to paint my truck, new doods har nice but have enough mirror holes to mount one of every kind of mirror ever made so i guess it's time to choose a mirror before i get out the welder the truck main use will be driver, towing and show probably in that order. any suggestions on a good looking functual mirror. mirror for these trucks i kinda like the singhe mount sport mirror. but never having these wonder about there function for towing mostaly car trailers and a bobcat trailer on the other hand i like the break-away mirror idea to prevent damage. any pics suggestions of good functional mirrors and where to purchase would be great so i can get on with my bodywork ,thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 PM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: mirrors

You need to order a free catalog from one of the suppliers that advertise in magazines like Classic Trucks, for instance.

www.chevyduty.com, has a nice catalog that has pictures that you can relate to. There are board members who sell them, too. So, you can look at the pix and buy from the board member.

If you're gonna be pulling a trailer, particularly with a bobcat on it, you're gonna need to be able to see behind you. I had "peep" mirrors on my truck, and they honesty suck. You can't see much, hence the "peep" name for them.

The 71-72-style of mirrors are dressier than the 4-inch round mirrors that were common on the 67-70 models. "Sport mirrors", which is a name that seems to cover a large variety of styles, may not be what you need.

I don't know what year your truck is, but Chevy/GMC both offered a variety of mirrors, when these trucks were new. The optional mirrors included a 6 1/4-inch fixed arm for chassis/cabs only; a 17 1/4-inch swinging arm for pickups and panels only; 7.5x10-inch below-eye-line types in painted or stainless steel, and finally, a West Coast Sr. mirror at 7x16-inches. These are the options for 20-series trucks. If you gonna be towing a trailer with a bobcat, I would think you're gonna have one, but that may not be the case.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, check out the magazines.....and see what people are using.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #3
matthufham

Re: mirrors

there's alot of recent topics about mirrors, browse a few pages if you have time. here's the topic i just posted.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...30#post1517230
matthufham is offline   Reply With Quote