The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #1
MONGO1957

Converting To Stock Ac---some Questions??

I'm In The Process Of Converting My '70 C-10 From A Non-ac Truck To An Ac Truck. I've Decided To Go With The Stock Setup And Have Already Modified The Firewall To Accept The Stock Evaporator Core Box That Hangs On The Firewall(i Know, I Like To Do Things The Hard Way --- No Aftermarket Ac).i've Rounded Up From Various Sources Most Of The Ductwork, Both The Heater Core Box As Well As The Evaporator Core Box, Ect.,ect. I've Pretty Much Lined Everything Up...... Except For The Two Actuators And Doors For The Air Inlet And Outlet?? I Know That One Appears To Be On The Cowling And The Other Appears To Be Somehow Attached To The Passenger Side Air Vent. Has Anybody Done This Conversion Before? Does Anybody Have Any Pictures That Would Clarify. Any Info Would Be Helpful. I Must Say That This Forum Has Been So Helpful To Me In The Past. Thank You
MONGO1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
kaycee

Re: Converting To Stock Ac---some Questions??

Yes been there done that no pics though.There should be 3 holes on the cowl area above the a/c box they are like center punched,I just drilled them to the size I needed and it fit like a glove the 2 out side holes are for the screw to hold the asym. and the center hole is for the rod that actuates the door,it was the same way for the kick panel door allso.
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
JimKshortstep4x4

Re: Converting To Stock Ac---some Questions??

Here are a couple of pictures of the outside door and actuator. I will try to get a picture of the inside door for you.

Jim
Attached Images

JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote